Friday, May 24, 2019

Crazy Sister Shenanigans / Crafty Jen Schow Stamps

Happy Friday, my friends!  I'm excited to share a layout that I created using some of Crafty Jen Schow's new stamp sets!  A huge thank you to Jen for letting my play with these...they are the best!  You can find all of these stamps HERE.

So I decided to just start with plain smooth white cardstock and use the stamps to create a background.  I pulled a rainbow variety of Distress Oxides and began stamping with some splotchy images from the Lovely Peony Stamp Set.  I honestly was just playing around and decided to turn what I made into a background.  I stamped a few shapes and then used a wet brush and some water to smudge the inks around.  I love how they ran and bled yet I could still see the shape of the stamped image.  I also sprayed a few Shimmerz to add to the watercolor effect.


Here you an see the splotchy shapes on the background.  I decided to go with three black and white photos of me and my sister making goofy faces.  That inspired my title, which I thought looked best in the middle between the photos.  I used the Adorn it Alpha Stamp Set to create the word SISTER and added some really old fabric Thickers below that.  Later on, I added CRAZY using some older Amy Tan stickers.  The "yaaas!!" stamp is from the Here For It Stamp Set, and that set is full of some really fun words and phrases.  I added lots of texture here by stitching through the Thickers and adding lots of tangled thread.


I decided to make a few embellishments using some of the phrases from Here For It, so I stamped them on some white mixed media paper and then hand drew a speech bubble around it and cut it out.  I added a bit of ink to the bottom to help it blend in with the background and popped it up with some adhesive foam.  I pulled a few more things from my older stash...some Pinkfresh Studio Puffy Heart Stickers and some really old Amy Tan Foam Thickers (the black hearts).


I also used these super cool scribble stamps from Here For It.  They are my favorite, and they add to the craziness of my background.  I stamped a few of the scribbles behind the photos to act as sort of a messy border.  I also added a few stickers from a Me & My Big Ideas pack I got a few years ago from Michael's.


I love this saying!!  I made another speech bubble with it, and I just love how it turned out.


I could go on and on, but the rest is pretty self explanatory.  It was so fun adding in all these fun details!






I hope this inspires you to get your hands on some of these stamps!  Jen Schow is a genius when it comes to designing, and she did a GREAT job on these.  I have so many other ideas flowing through my mind...hmmmm.

Be sure to check out her shop HERE.

I do have a process video for this, and here it is:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment: