Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Shiny Gold with My Mind's Eye!

Hello there!  My latest scrappy obsession is definitely the shiny gold trend. I just love the sparkle and shine it gives! The new Necessities collections from My Mind's Eye are just full of metallics.  I created this layout for the blog last week.  You can see the post HERE.

I pulled out the gold Metallic collection paired it with the gorgeous Market Street Ashbury Heights line. They work so well together. I started with the “Word Wood” paper from the Necessities Wood line and did some heat embossing. I wanted more gold sparkle, so I used a lined stamp and embossed with gold powder. I like to jazz up my backgrounds with stamps or paints these days, and this was a nice way to add some sparkle to the background. The metallic vellum is just to die for! I used it as a patterned paper and mixed it in with my layers. There is even sparkly gold decorative tape…I just couldn’t get enough of that! I added to the top and bottom of my layout. Lastly, the large Metallic Monogram Alphas are so versatile. You can see how they can be used here on a layout pretty easily.


Here you can really see the shine! I say the shinier, the better. And isn’t that little jar so cute? I wanted to create the effect of little bits floating up out of it, so I used enamel dots to create that effect. I dug back into my Collectable goodies and used a stamp I had never used before. I stamped it onto a piece of transparency paper and cut it out. That makes it a lot easier to place it wherever I want it without having to actually stamp it underneath layers or on top of a photo.


Eeeek! More glittery gold! If you haven’t tried heat embossing, I highly recommend you do. It’s not as hard as you may think, and you can see how awesome the result is! I added in some gold thread as well. The decorative brads are amazing, as always! They’re a fun way to add some color and texture to your page.


The flair pins are another fun way to add pops of color. They can also be a part of your title since many of them have words or sentiments on them. I layered mine here, near that cute mason jar.


I’m very excited to dig more into these metallic collections. There are several color schemes, and they all sparkle and shine! I hope you are inspired to play around with them…I just know you’ll love them!

Thanks for stopping by today!

5 comments:

  1. This layout is FAB! LOVE all the gold...it looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout Missy! Your daughter has the prettiest blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the Gold on this layout, Missy!! The stamping is so pretty against the wood grain paper, and I love the large monogram!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this page Missy!! This is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the big R and all the gold you used.

    ReplyDelete