Monday, May 26, 2014

Mom & Daughter Selfie / Chickaniddy Crafts

Hey there, everyone!  Today I'm sharing a sweet layout I created for Chickaniddy Crafts.  It's a Mom/Daughter page, and I had lots of fun with it.   I couldn't wait to scrap this fun photo of me, my mom and my little sister.  My mom just hates to have her picture taken, but thanks to the iPhone, selfies are a fun way to get her in the frame :)  My sister and I pretty much squished her face in between ours to get a picture with her...haha!  Gotta love our moms!

I combined the two gorgeous Chickaniddy collections Date Night and Twirly Girly to create this layout.  First, I cut this heart file on my Silhouette Cameo.  I went through all the patterned papers and chose some from both lines that gave me a variety of fun colors.  I backed each heart with those papers.  I added a little bit of watercolor in green and blue to my background to add a bit more of those colors around the page.  There is just a small amount of the light blue in the Date Night collection, so I wanted to play that color up more.


I mixed up the alphas for my title and outlined the pink ones with a black pen to make them pop a little bit more.


I love all the labels and tags in these collections...they're perfect for adding a sentiment, journaling or even the date.  They're also great for layering, like I did with this yellow sticker.  I threw in some polka dotted washi tape from my stash here.


Another fun way to mix up patterns and colors is layering.  I did that beneath my photo and then raised it up using pop dots.  That made it easy to layer in some tangled thread.  That's another way to add color, and in this case, more of that pretty light blue.


I used one of the die cut hearts behind my "selfie" title.  I watercolored it green and yellow to make the blue title stand out a little more.  And I know that reddish-pink paper says "Baby Shower" on it, but it didn't matter to me.  That gorgeous color just had to be on this layout :)


Something I learned creating this layout and it can be a tip to all of you...don't be afraid to add your own pops of color if there isn't a lot of it in the collection you're working with.  I really wanted more of that light blue, so I added paint and thread.  That way it evened out all over the page.  So don't feel limited...just get creative!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

Supplies Used:
Date Night: DN140S03 Downtown Paper, DN140S08 Wallflower Paper, DN14EB01 Alpha Stickers, DN14EB04 Mini Sticker Tags; Twirly Girly: TG140S02 Birthday Girl Paper, TG140S10 Grandma's Quilt Paper, TG140S11 Never Grow Up Paper, TG140S08 Keepsakes Paper, TG140S08 Itty Bitty Ballerina Paper, TG140S12 Piggy Tails Paper, TG14EB01 Alpha Stickers, TG14EB05 Mini Sticker Sentiments, TG140EB07 Enamel Hearts, TG14EB06 Brads; Other: Cardstock, Watercolors, Technique Tuesday Stamp, Studio G Stamp, StazOn Ink, Stampendous Ink, Black Sharpie Pen, Smash Date Stamp, Thread, Silhouette Cameo, Recollections Washi Tape, Martha Stewart Heart Punch.

6 comments:

  1. This layout is pretty!
    I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious pic, Missy! Really love this soft palette and those free-hand, framed hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet!! Love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely layout! Just beautiful! What do you print your photos on or do you send them out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are so cute, and I love the fun group selfie!! The heart background looks great backed with the different patterned papers, and the heart outlines are so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally loving that amazing heart background!!! You did such an amazing job with this one!!

    ReplyDelete