Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Chase Me! / My Scraps & More

Hey there, and Happy Tuesday :)  Today I'm sharing the final layout I created for the April Sketchathon over at My Scraps last month.  I never got around to posting this one or the sketch I created to go with it....so here it is!

I challenged my self to use some purple in this one.  I think that's one of the hardest colors to coordinate because of the variations of shades. But since there was purple in my photos, and I really liked the brightness of them, I didn't want to print them in black and white.  So I wanted to see how I could make it work.  I pulled out some Crate Paper and Studio Calico goodies to get started.

The background is CP, and the other patterned paper layers are SC.  I really like how it turned out...the blues, greens and purples work well together, I think.  I used gelatos to create the large circles.  They smudge and smear so well, and they're just plain fun :)  I added touches of shiny gold glitter here and there, too.


Check out all this dimension!  I didn't even plan this.  I raised the photo up, and then layered the cord under it.  Later, I decided to add my title there, and it wasn't easy to attach it at this raised angle.  But with a little glue, I made it stick.  It's so high...I love it.  I cut it on white cardstock and used gelatos to color it blue.


Clear butterflies, stickers, stamps and thread make a great combo :)  Oh, and some gold metallic paint, too.


I used a Tim Holtz stencil with gold metallic paint...in real life it is shiny and looks neat.


I painted this fun wooden frame and then went over it with acrylic glitter paint.  Love how it looks messy and sprinkled.


Here's the sketch I created for this challenge:


Don't be afraid to scrap a hard color...you just have to get creative and search for the products that will help you go with it.  And I used to think your papers had to match the colors in the photo to a tee, but that's not the case.  You can totally use different shades...I think it's the amount in which you use as well as how you embellish.  There's always a way to make it work.

Be sure to check out the awesome My Scraps store for any and all things scrappy!  Audrey is wonderful....great service and fast shipping!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Love the way you placed your photos to give motion to your layout, Missy! And the touches of Gold look awesome with the Purple, which I find to be one of the hardest colors to use too!! But you rocked it!

    ReplyDelete