Sunday, May 4, 2014

My Scraps Sketch #79

 ***Go HERE for the My Scraps and More NSD Blog Hop!***

Hey there, friends!  I hope your weekend was fabulous :)  There's a new sketch up over on the My Scraps Sketch Blog, and I know you'll be inspired by it.  I love the simplicity of it;  there's a lot of room for interpretation, which I love.  Check it out:


I have so much American Crafts goodies just waiting to be used...I had every intention of using some of the Plus One collection for this, but that didn't happen.  I was drawn to some of the other stuff once I got going with it.  Gosh, I think this this from Polka Dot Party...I have all of my AC stuff together, and sometimes it looks similar.   I made my design a little larger than than the sketch shows, and I started with strips of washi tape on the right side.


This rub-on didn't exactly "rub on" all the way.  I literally rubbed and pushed hard for a few minutes, and it still didn't transfer all the way.  I have some trouble with AC's rub-ons most of the time...they are really hard to transfer without leaving some of the design on the transfer paper.  I still like the way it came out, though, and I like that it's layered under the flowers sticker.


My favorite thing to do...layer!


This tag is actually a sticker.  I added some cord and layered it behind the top of my photo layers.


Be sure to come check out the My Scraps Sketch Blog.  There's a new sketch every Friday, and every time you upload a layout, you're throwing your hat in the ring for a prize!  It's worth a shot, so come on and join us!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. This page is very beautiful!
    I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page Melissa! Love your bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome use of the AC Missy!! I love the different strips down the side of your page!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous!!! I love the papers you used and you are the queen of layering!!

    ReplyDelete