Sunday, May 11, 2014

Creative Scrappers #268

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!  Hope you're having a great weekend.  It's time for another awesome reveal at Creative Scrappers!  I'm so in love with this one...all these circles are so fun!  I love these sketches so much because they give me ideas I wouldn't normally come up with, I think.  Check this one out...


I have to say that I just love how this layout turned out.  I pulled out the older Sketchbook line from American Crafts and went to work with this cute summer photo of my husband and baby girl.  I didn't originally intend for my circles to overlap, but you know how things change when your creating a page.  I just went with it.  I added some gelato circles and then traced some with a black pen.  Later, I decided to add some stamping.  It was really just an "add as I go" type of page.  I even went through my really OLD stash drawer and found an old crystal bling circle.  I cut it in half and used it around the photo.


I cut a few messy circles on my Cameo to go around my circles, and then I just went around the page and added brads, flair and stickers.


I added some silver glitter paint to these white Thickers for some sparkle.  I also cut this cool checkered circle out of vellum...it really was just an experiment and I wound up using it :)  I love all the layers under the photo!


This blue is just gorgeous, and I love the pinks and yellows against it.


Bling and stamps here....I like to stamp on transparency paper and then cut it out.  It's much easier to put the stamp where you want it when you're trying to layer it....especially after you've taped everything down and can't fit the stamp under it all...haha.


Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team's layouts...lots of fun inspiration over on the Creative Scrappers blog today!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Just fabulous Missy!!! Love all the layers, the stamping & doodles!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE what you have done... beautiful work as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing take on the Sketch, Missy!! I love that your circles overlap, and all of the bright colors from the Sketchbook collection look awesome on your page!!

    ReplyDelete