Friday, May 30, 2014

My Scraps Sketch #83

Happy Friday, friends!  If you're looking for some sketchy inspiration, then today is your lucky day.  There's a new sketch up on the My Scraps Sketch Blog :)  It's a pretty simple sketch but has lots of creative possibilities. I flipped the sketch for my project.  Check it out!


Okay, so for this one, I went digging into my stash of stuff I've had on the shelves for a few years.  I have made myself promise to USE it!  Who cares if it's old?  It needs to be used...otherwise it's just collecting dust.  So I found this pack of Heidi Swapp Color Magic paper on my shelf.  I know I've had it for a few years and never opened it.  This stuff is making a comeback in her newer lines, so I thought it would be fun to play with it now :)

I decided to scrap these cute July 4th photos of my little goosie.  The fun thing about this Color Magic paper is that it works with mists or sprays, but it also works with paint.  I used both.  Now on the parts where it's smudged more solidly, I used gesso first.  Otherwise, the white parts shine through.  I just love this cool print, and I love how it turned out.

I added in some of the new Hazel and Ruby tissue paper I picked up at Michael's...it's SUPER cool to play with!  Great for layers and even quotes.  I used some washi tape strips, some silver thread, some really old heart brads and some even older chipboard stars.  I heat embossed them with silver powder.  I stamped some hearts and gave them some color with silver metallic paint.  I really just went through my stash and pulled things that might work and started adding them.  I love when I can make old things look new!  Oh, those little metal words are from Walmart!  Random find :)

I even used old Thickers for my title.  Love using up that stash.


A close up of lots of things...heat embossed heart (that was so fun to do!), tape, metallic silver paint...and I outlined the hearts, too, with black pen.


I heat embossed this arrow stamp, too.  It's from Glitz and I use it all the time!  Doesn't that embossed glitter give such awesome texture?


I just love mixed media!  Paint, mist, gesso, stamping...and embossing powder.  I love that it's messy and random.  I love that you really can't mess it up.  So fun and freeing to just get ink all over your hands and underneath your fingernails...haha! :D


A really nice close up of the silver thread and the Color Magic paper...You simply spray and then wipe over with a paper towel.  The white part shines through and the effect is just awesome.





You should definitely hop on over and check out what the other design team members created!  Upload your layout to be eligible to win a great prize!

Have a great weekend, and thanks for visiting me today :)

4 comments:

  1. This layout is pretty!
    I loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a TON of inspiration on this page. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Missy!! Love the Red, White and Blue and the touches of glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning take on the sketch Missy!! Love your use of colours!!

    ReplyDelete