Thursday, May 8, 2014

Chalk Studio 2 / MME / A Sides vs. B Sides

Hey there, everyone!  Happy Thursday :)

Today I'm sharing two layouts I created for My Mind's Eye this month.  They went up on the blog a few days ago HERE.  I really love the Chalk Studio 2 collection, and it's very cool how the A sides of the paper are so different from the B sides.  I decided to create two completely opposite layouts to showcase the versatility of the collection.

I also tied in the Here is Happy Record It collection...the clear overlays are AMAZING!!  I used them on both pages in different ways.

This first layout uses the B sides mostly.  Very pretty aquas, reddish-pinks and yellow-golds.  I tied in the black elements by using the black chipboard frames, stamps, tags and stickers.  I used two of the overlays...one right on top of my photo.

I gessoed out some of the background and added lots of mist and watercolor to create a messy look.  I threw in some modeling paste over a stencil, some decorative tapes and stamping.  It was just random placement at first, but once I had my papers and photo in place, I added more where needed.


Lots of layering here.  I love tracing over the dry modeling paste texture with a black pen...it really makes it pop.


Puffy stickers....yes!  I used this black enamel arrow from the Cupid's Arrow line.  I used a black Sharpie on the overlay to create a stitched edge.


A great shot of the watercolors and paste texture here...along with a sticker and some thread.


More layers, thread and enamel dots.  I know you can totally see my dried glue here, but from the straight angle you can't see it.


Okay...on to the next layout....this one uses mostly the A sides of the papers.  All black chalkboard elements.  The papers backing the photo are from Here is Happy.  The overlay on the right was backed with patterned paper to make the white color stand out.  I punched the "Yeah, I did that" out of a PL card and used it as an embellishment.  I used a colored pencil to give some yellow tint to the chipboard stars, the SMILE at the top and the camera at the bottom.  Since this page is about The Walking Dead, I wanted it  messy with splatters, so that's where the aqua acrylic paint came in.

My friend Jennifer and I met these cast members at Megacon in Orlando back in March. Yes, we are total geeks!  Haha!  It was AWESOME!  I only wish Norman Reedus or Andrew Lincoln would've been there.....omg!


I used pop dots underneath the chipboard stars here...I love the depth it created.


This arrow was from a random Cameo cut that I did for another project a while ago.  I made it work here.


I LOVE these overlays...so many ways to use them!  And backing it with another color would give it a totally different vibe.  I popped it up so I could throw in enamel dots and thread under it.


Lots of decorative tape here, along with chipboard and stickers.


I hope this inspires you to give both sides of the patterned papers a try...you can get totally opposite looks from one collection if you get creative.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

5 comments:

  1. These are both really awesome Missy! I love the contrast of using the A & B sides and how different each page looks! The soft colors on your first layout look great with your photo, and I love the fun Aqua splatters on the Black background of your second layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much layering!! Wow!! These are incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fabulous pages, Missy! They're both so different and both so wonderful and full of interesting detail. I love your work so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Génial,j'adore c'est très très beau :)
    Bravo

    ReplyDelete