Thursday, May 22, 2014

A new use for feet...

What a crazy title, right?!  Haha!  Let me explain.... 

My little Reesie just loves to use her feet whenever she can.  On this day she made herself quite comfy at the end of the couch and used her feet propped up to hold her book.  She gathered pillows to put behind her back and everything.  I was impressed, so naturally I took some pictures :)

I created this based on an awesome layout by one of our My Scraps Members (ScrapMomof2).  I lifted her page for our Friday Favorite challenge last week.  We both used the American Crafts Plus One collection.  I used mostly barcode strips to create the border, and then I used my Tiny Attacher and a stitch stamp over it.  I added layers of paper, more stamps and washi tape.  Lastly, I embellished with some rub-ons, stickers, diecuts and thread.


Something as simple as a pop dot can change the whole look of a layout.  I loved this globe die cut.  Since she was reading, it just reminded me of knowledge and learning.  I remember going to the library as a little girl and seeing this huge globe there.  So globes remind me of books :)  Anyway, I used gelatos (dry) to color it.  I just smudged it with my finger.  I colored the gold base with a metallic gold pen.


Thickers!  And bright pink ones at that....LOVE!


I added in pops of orange here and there.  I think it goes nicely with all the other bright colors.


I would love to see you join us over on the boards.  You can just jump right in with our challenges and have a great time with us!  Go HERE to check it all out.

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your fun bold colors, and layers!!! super cute pics of your daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete