Friday, November 24, 2017

Thankful / Paige Evans DT

Hey there, and Happy Thanksgiving!  Today I have a new layout to share for the Paige Evans Design Team focusing on this week’s theme of Thankful. I scrapped a photo of me and my husband because I am forever grateful for him and everything he does for our little family. I combined a few of Paige’s collections to create this and I also used two of her cut files: the Scalloped Heart Background and Thankful. I began with a light mint ombre paper from the Fancy Free 12x12 Paper Pad. I cut the Scalloped Heart Background using it and then I went over the majority of the paper with some white gesso. Once it dried, I peeled it off my cutting mat and backed it with another colorful paper from the same pad. I love adding watercolor to my projects so I used some pink, gold, yellow, and aqua ink sprays to create a colorful and artsy background over the cut file. I cut Thankful on Turn the Page Paper 24 B-side and I added lots of fun embellishments from the Turn the Page and Oh My Heart collections.


I love how this pretty blue paper pops off the page. I went simple with my title and used the cut file. I’ve been on a gold kick lately so I love how the gold ink spray shimmers on the page. To add a bit more shine, I machine stitched around the inside of the heart with gold metallic thread. I pulled a lot of stickers from Paige’s new 30-page #StickerBook and used them as embellishments. The flowers I layered under the photo are stickers and so is the ticket piece above the title. I stuck it to some cardstock first and cut it out.


I used a few pieces from the Turn the Page Journaling Spots as layers. I cut the yellow scalloped circle in half and used the other half on the right side of the photo. To add some interest to the background, I fussy cut some heart outlines I had left over from the #StickerBook. I used the actual hearts on another layout, so all I had left was the outlines. They make really cool embellishments! I tucked in some tangled thread, and also used a few fussy cut flowers from Oh My Heart Paper 06.


I love how this rich aqua color turned out here. To embellish the top of the photo, I added in a piece from a Turn the Page Journaling Spot and a transparent sticker from the #StickerBook. I layered in a floral frame from the Turn the Page Ephemera Die Cuts. I also used a few Turn the Page Wood Veneer Hearts.


 I tucked in the other half of the scalloped Journaling Spot along with some tangled thread and another Wood Veneer heart.  I had already tried to use the hot pink scallop border sticker on another project and changed my mind.  It sort of tore a little bit, but I used it anyway ;)


Here's one more close-up...such pretty flowers and layers!


This was a lot of fun to make, and mixing and matching collections is a great way to create new color schemes. I hope this inspires you to create a layout about something you’re thankful for!  Here's my process video if you'd like to check out:



Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment