Monday, November 20, 2017

Family Together / Elle's Studio Guest Designer

Hello again, friends!  I'm back again to share my second layout as the November guest designer for Elle's Studio. For this page, I used the November Kit and the Family Fun collection. As I was sorting through the papers of the collection, I noticed how beautiful and bright the colors were, and decided to create a rainbow color scheme to scrap this photo of me, my sisters and our grandma. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out some open block letters to spell FAMILY and used some of the patterned papers to back them. I used one of the Family Fun Puffy Stickers as a secondary title, and I love how the script looks against the block letters. I centered my photo and embellished around it.


Backing cut files with paper is one of my favorite techniques, and it’s really easy! It’s a great way to get lots of color and patterns on your page without it being overwhelming or too busy. I stitched through the word with my sewing machine for added texture, then added blue tangled thread and adhesive foam under the puffy “together” sticker from the Family Fun Puffy Stickers. I love the dimension this creates!


The Family Fun collection has the best die cut pieces in the Bits and Pieces! I just had to use the two beautiful flowers on both sides of my photo. I used one of the 3″ x 4″ Family Fun Double-Sided Journaling Tags behind my photo to add a pop of orange, and I also added a touch of pink with the little heart die cut. I wanted to add a bit of something more to the background, so I did a little stamping using the open plus sign from the Family Fun Stamp.


I used the dotted paper from the Family Fun 12″ x 12″ Paper Collection as my background, but I wanted to fade out some of the black dots, so I covered a lot of the center with white acrylic paint. Once that dried, I used some aqua and bright blue ink sprays with plastic packaging to create the watercolor look. I wanted to add some pops of red, so I reached for some of the small die cuts from the November 2017 Kit, like the “moments like this” speech bubble I added right on top of the photo. I also added a bit more stamping using the Family Fun Stamp above the picture.


I just adore the cute acrylic shapes in the Family Fun Acrylic! I loved how this yellow heart looked down by the title. The rainbow letters really pop off the page, and the photo pops as well with the black and white. I added some black, pink and yellow splatters around the page to finish things off.


I really love how all of these colors and pieces came together.  The good thing about using all the colors is you can pretty much work in any of the embellishments and they'll match :)


I hope this inspires you in some way! This layout was fun to make, and it shows how versatile the kits and collections are. I’ll take a rainbow color scheme any day!

Thank you so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment