Thursday, November 2, 2017

Fall Fun / Thermoweb

Hey there, friends, and Happy Thursday!  Today I have a fun Fall layout for Thermoweb to share using lots of shiny iCraft Deco Foil Transfer Sheets.  Fall in Florida is just about nonexistent as far as seeing beautiful leaves change colors on the trees.  So I created a fun layout that suits my Fall photo and incorporated some gold, blue and green leaves with some mixed media accents on the background.

I began with some of the Gina K. Designs White Premium Cardstock and a sheet of the Rebekah Meier Designs Mixed Media Adhesive Sheets.  I wanted to show how you can create this awesome foil look on shapes without using a laminator.  This really took only a few minutes to do, and the results are awesome!



After adhering the Adhesive Sheet to the cardstock, I hand cut several leaves from it.  After they were all cut, I used the beautiful iCraft Deco Foil Transfer Sheets in Amber Watercolor, Spring GreenAqua to add some shine.  You simply peel away the top layer of the Adhesive Sheet and adhere the foil to it (foil side up) and smooth it down with your hand.  When you peel the leaf away, it’s covered with the foil.  Super easy and fast!  Look how shiny those leaves are!  So pretty.


After I got an idea where I wanted to arrange all the leaves, I removed them and started working on my background.  I used some pink, coral, turquoise and gold ink sprays with some plastic packaging to create all those watercolor splotches.  I also added some splatters with the nozzles.  I wanted to create a soft yet colorful background to compliment the leaves.


 I did fussy cut most of the leaves, but I also used a few punches from my stash to create these smaller ones.  They punched really well through the cardstock and the adhesive sheet.  Here you can see I jazzed up the background a bit more with some machine stitching in metallic gold.  I love adding to the shine factor when I use the foil!  To adhere these smaller leaves, I used some of the Sticky Dots Adhesive.


I layered a few pieces of patterned paper behind the photo as well as some tissue paper.  I used some of the 3D White Foam Squares under there to raise the photo up off the page and create some depth.  This makes the leaves tucked under it look even more dimensional.  I had a few random die cut leaves sitting on my desk, so I decided to spray them gold and use them.  I also glued down a few sequins here and there using the iCraft Mixed Media Adhesive.


I love adding shiny titles when I use foil, so I pulled out some gold and glittery Thickers from my stash.  I love the mix of fonts here.  I added in lots of sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps as well...some light pink, light green and a pretty coralish-brown color.


Finally, here’s one more close-up of the journaling area.  I used a metallic gold pen.  For added detail, I used a few strips of a shiny gold dotted washi tape below and above the photo.  I only glued down the centers of the big leaves so I could curl up the edges and create some depth.


 I hope this inspires you to creates something fun with your Deco Foils!  It’s fun to make your own shapes and embellishments that shine.  Be sure to check out my process video if you’d like to see how this all came together.



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I once sent a box of colorful "real" leaves to my daughter's neighbor when she lived in Florida! She had never seen fall colored leaves in person.
    Love this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate you adding to the body of knowledge with this essay and the fresh ideas it has generated. Visit this article Types of Color Blindness. This test helps people understand color blindness and increases their sensitivity and awareness.

    ReplyDelete