Sunday, November 26, 2017

Always Something / Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Happy Sunday, friends!  Today I have a new layout to share for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using the beautiful Bohemian Dream collection.  Our theme is week is Thankful, and I couldn’t resist scrapping some cute selfies of me and my girl.  I’m forever grateful for her in so many ways!  I found this quote on Pinterest and decided to cut it on some patterned paper using my Cameo.  I made it pretty large so it could be my background design using the Kaleidoscope Paper, and I backed the open letters with the Abstract Paper.  I covered a lot of the background with white gesso first and then used some watercolor pastels and ink sprays to add all that pretty color.


I cut “always” on the back of the Abstract Paper.  Mixing and matching fonts is always a great way to catch the eye.  I backed the open words before adding the watercolor so I could see where all my colors were.  For example, I wanted to add yellow next to other colors and so on.  After everything dried, I did a bit of machine stitching through parts of the quote using blue thread.


I love alllll of these colors!  I can't ever narrow down a color scheme when I'm using this collection because they're all so beautiful together :)


The Vellum Accents in this collection are to die for!  They are seriously beautiful, and I finally used a couple of them.  I tucked in an orange one here over some orange watercolor and added a Chipboard Accent Sticker heart.  I also added in a bit of yellow tangled thread.  You can see my photos are raised up a bit off the page.  I did that by adding some adhesive foam behind them along with some tissue paper.


I even added a Vellum Flower over the photo for a fun look.  I decided to go with black & white photos since I knew I was going to use a ton of colors everywhere.  Everything pops right off the page so nicely!


I used another Vellum Flower over on the left and another chipboard heart.  I used a bit too much glue and it crinkled a bit, but that’s okay:)


Here’s one more close-up of the dimension and beautiful colors.  I did add in a small flower cluster from the Die Cut Ephemera here, and I popped it up with adhesive foam.


I hope this inspires you to create a “Thankful” layout using some of the Bohemian Dream collection.  This was a lot of fun to create!  Be sure to check out my process video here if you’d like to watch this page come together. 


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment