Monday, November 6, 2017

Stay Wild / Hip Kit Club

Hey, guys!  Today I'm sharing another mixed media layout for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2017 October Hip Kits.  I have been wanting to use this really cool triangle paper from Pinkfresh Studio as a background.  It’s in the Main Kit and Paper Kit.  I turned it sideways to create more of a vertical design.  I used my fingers to smudge some white gesso over parts of the page first.  I used the October Color Kit to add all that beautiful color.  I also mixed in a few other ink sprays from my stash.  I used the packaging technique as well as my brush to add some splatters.  This Pinkfresh collection is full of triangles, so I added lots of them from the Chipboard Accent Stickers in the Main Kit & Puffy Stickers from the Embellishment Kit.


After the background dried, I arranged all the fun triangles up and down the center line.  I ran it through my sewing machine using gold thread and stitched down the middle.  I added some tissue paper and a Project Life card behind my photo.  I went small with the title and used one of the Pinkfresh Fabric Die Cuts from the Project Life Kit.


Here you can see the title.  I stapled it to the photo, and I love that it continues with the triangle theme.  I also tucked in  a bit of tangled thread around the photo in matching colors.  I felt like I needed a little something extra to overlap onto the photo, so I fussy cut a few flowers from a Pinkfresh patterned paper.


To add a little something to this open area, I used a cute green camera die cut and another triangle sticker.  I added some foam under it to raise it up and tucked in some yellow thread under it.  Here you can see more of the gold stitching I did.


 I love how the triangles turned out.  It was fun to use shapes that I don't use a lot.  This collection made it pretty easy to do.


 Here’s another close-up.  I love the dimension here and all the textures going on.  Those cute blue phrase stickers are from Pretty Little Studio, and they’re in the Project Life Kit.


It's fun to let a patterned paper sort of determine your design.  I just let these triangles act as a starting point and built off of them.

I hope this inspires you to use the October Color Kit to enhance your backgrounds…or even create a new one from scratch!  I do have a process video here if you’d like to check it out.



Thanks for stopping by, have a great Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment