Friday, November 3, 2017

Good Vibes Only / Paige Evans DT

Happy Friday, y'all!  Yeah!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for the Paige Evans Design Team.  This week we are featuring five photos on a layout. I printed mine pretty small and worked them into a large title design. I used the Good Vibes Only cut file from Paige’s Silhouette collection and tucked the photos under some of the letters. I used a combination of Turn the Page and Oh My Heart collections for this. To create the big cut file, I used Oh My Heart Paper 09 and Paper 18 and Turn the Page Paper 10. I loved the color mix of pink, coral, and black. I cut the file three times and paper pieced it together. I kept the pink one whole and let it peek through the other papers to create a little shadow effect. To jazz up the white background, I used coordinating colors of watercolors, ink sprays, and texture pastes using the packaging technique, a palette knife, and some splattering. I tucked my five photos inside some of the letters and embellished around them.


I went through the Oh My Heart Ephemera Die Cuts and found these two floral elements that matched perfectly. The butterfly is from the Turn the Page Chipboard Stickers. It’s so cool how these two collections work so well together. I also added in even more fun texture with coordinating colors of tangled thread.


I wanted the letters to have some dimension, so I only added a little bit of glue here and there. You can see here how they curl up off the page in lots of places. I love how the photos look hiding in between the letters, but you can still read the words. I used a lot of the rose gold elements in the two collections. Here I used a sticker from the Oh My Heart Sticker Book and one of the Oh My Heart Charms. I added a bit of cord to finish it off. That mint arrow is from the Turn the Page Chipboard Stickers. I also used the word “laugh” from the Oh My Heart Chipboard Stickers.


Here is another photo of the awesome dimension.  I did more mixing and matching here with more Oh My Heart Sticker Book stickers and Oh My Heart Ephemera Die Cuts coupled up with Turn the Page Puffy StickersChipboard Stickers, and Pennant Paper Clips.


I love when items from multiple collections match!  I tucked in this cute "laugh" piece from the Oh My Heart Chipboard Stickers.  I am really loving the coral and pink combination lately.


Here you can see the fun dimension from all the bits and pieces.  I tucked in more die cuts and stickers along with more tangled thread in mint and grey.


Isn't that shiny gold so pretty?  I love the mix of the gold with the pinks and corals here...just the perfect amount of shine :)


I hope this gives you some fun ideas to try! It’s fun to limit your color palette like this. I only used three main colors so it forced me to go through all the embellishments and choose pieces that matched them. It takes out some of the guesswork and helps the layout come together a bit quicker. Using a large title does the same thing. Give it a try next time!  Here's my process video:



Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment