Monday, November 13, 2017

Christmas Morning / Elle's Studio Guest Designer

Hello, friends! Happy Monday :)  I’m super excited to be the November guest designer at Elle’s Studio. Today I am sharing a Christmas layout I created using the November 2017 Kit along with a bit of the Family Fun collection. The November Kit is full of red and green holiday goodies, so I decided to scrap a cute picture of my daughter jumping on her trampoline on Christmas morning.

I used a white cardstock background and cut some of the snowflakes in white from this month’s Digital Cut Files, to create a tone-on-tone look, lightly spritzing them with gold ink spray. I also used the three large wood veneer snowflakes from the kit, which I heat embossed with gold embossing powder to make them sparkly. I used gold, green and aqua watercolor sprays on the background to create a fun and artsy backdrop for all of the snowflakes.



Here you can see all the gold shine. The wood veneer embossed beautifully, and I love how they turned out. I created a cluster down here under the photo using some die cuts from the November Kit as well as the Everyday Banner Stickers. I also used a few of the Christmas Puffy Heart Stickers in a few places. To add some finishing touches, I machine stitched with metallic gold thread around the page.


Check out the dimension from the die cuts! It’s fun to not glue down every inch of them so the edges will curl up off the page. Aren’t those puffy hearts so adorable? I wanted to use them all, but I also wanted to save some for future projects! I wrote my journaling with a gold pen. I think it added the perfect touch.


There are a lot of beautiful journaling tags in the kit, and I used a few of them here behind my photo as layers. They give hints of all of the colors used on the layout and make the photo stand out from the background. I also added some tissue paper and adhesive foam from my stash for extra dimension and texture. I added this fun star die cut from the November Kit and topped it with a white puffy heart sticker and some stitching. I love that there are touches of aqua here and there to add some extra fun colors to the traditional red and green.


I decided to create a long vertical title along the left side of the page using the Stanley Alphabet Outline Stamps. They are amazing, and since these are open letters, I was able to watercolor inside of them. I used a small brush and some aqua and blue watercolor to fill in the bottoms and create some shading. I fussy cut those circles from a 3″ x 4″ journaling tag in the November Kit and stitched them down on the left side.


Here's one more close-up of the beautiful gold embossing.  It's a great way to add some sparkle and shine to just about anything.  These big wood veneer snowflakes were perfect for this!


I hope this gives you some fun ideas to try using the November Kit and add-ons! There are so many fun products to work with, and it really got me into the holiday crafting spirit! Thanks for stopping by, and I’ll see you again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment