Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Hooray for Today / Paige Evans DT

Hey, friends!  I'm up on the blog today for the Paige Evans Design Team, and this week we are featuring leaves on our projects. I knew right away I wanted to use Paige’s Dipped Leaves cut file available in the Silhouette Store. I also went for a softer color scheme for this so I chose three lighter patterned papers from the Turn the Page collection: Paper 01Paper 16, and Paper 23. I cut several leaves in each color and heat embossed the ends with gold powder. I wanted to create the idea of leaves falling all around the photo so I scattered them around the page. I used several floral stickers from Paige’s new 30 page #StickerBook to embellish.


I did some watercolor work on the white background using some pinks and corals and I used quite a bit of gold Color Shine. I used the packaging technique and created lots of splatters with my brush. I lightly glued down the leaves and machine stitched through some of them using gold thread. They turned out beautiful! All these pink floral stickers are from the new Paige Evans #StickerBook.


I used the scraps from the leaf cut files to add layers behind my photo. I distressed the edges and tucked in some light pink thread for added color and texture. I highly recommend heat embossing. It really makes these cute leaves sparkle!


I used more of the leaves to create a cluster on the left side of the page. I used a Turn the Page Chipboard Sticker here as well as more florals from the #StickerBook. I also hand cut some leaves from some of the Turn the Page Ribbon and machine stitched through them. The gold looks so pretty against the cream crochet leaves. I tucked my title in here, which is a combination of Turn the Page Thickers#StickerBook alpha stickers, and a fussy cut “hooray” from an Oh My Heart 6x6 Paper Pad paper. I finished the page off with using a gold pen to write my journaling.


I just kept snapping close-ups of this gorgeous gold...it's so shimmery and beautiful!  All those pink and gold splatters....sigh.


Here you can see how the machine stitching adds such great detail.  You could also hand stitch, and that would look fantastic as well.


Leaves are great for adding dimension because you can curl the ends up off the page like this.  Just glue down the stem and you have instant dimension.  Even if you stitch through the centers, don't go all the way to the top and the edges can still curl up.


One last close-up.  I'm so glad I enjoy fussy cutting...haha!  It allowed me to create this fun title, and it's always fun to mix and match your fonts and alphas!


I hope you’re inspired by this page! This is the perfect season to use leaves on a project and there are so many possibilities. Be sure to check out Paige’s cut files in the Silhouette Store for even more inspiration! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you’ll check out my process video:



Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment