Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Joy / Shimmerz Education Team

Hey, friends!  Today I have a layout to share for the Shimmerz Education Team using a stencil and lots of fun Shimmerz Paints.  I love using Shimmerz to create my own embellishments and big statement pieces for my pages.  I used a leaf stencil for this that I found at Michael's.  I combined some Dazzlerz and Texturez to create some dimensional and textured leaves.  I used a palette knife to scrap the texture paste over the stencil.  I combined Dazzlerz Pucker Up Pink, Lemon Drop & Spun Sugar with Texturez Crushed Coral and Mari-Gold Digger.  I also sprayed a bit of Coloringz Pretty in Pink and Vibez Sweetheart.  After everything dried, I fussy cut the leaves out...and these beautiful leaves were brought to life.


They turned out so pretty!  They're shimmery and shiny with lots of fun texture.  I adhered them to the background with a bit of glue and then machine stitched with gold thread down the centers.  I scattered some SpiegelMom Scraps sequins all around the page as well.


Look at this bumpy texture!  I love it!  I pulled out some papers and embellishments from the Illustrated Faith Gratitude Documented collection to add a bit more.  I used some papers for layers behind the photo and a few die cuts.


I just love all this dimension going on here.  The leaves really look life like with all the texture and pretty color.  For my background, I decided to add some blue shades.  I used some plastic packaging with Vibez Jeni B Bleu & Snow Way Man and Coloringz Mama Sings the Blues.  I splattered and added lots of fun dots.  I also added in some beautiful gold using Inklingz Miner Miner 49er & Old Yeller.  I even used a gold pen to write my journaling.


I hadn't even planned on using the Illustrated Faith collection, but I noticed it matched the leaves.  It was the perfect addition, and I think it ties everything together.


Creating these leaves was really easy.  If you can scrape paint over a stencil, then you can totally do this with any shape!  And any color scheme you want.


Here's one more close-up just because :)


I hope this gives you some fun ideas to try with your Shimmerz Paints.  You could also try with with some of the ink sprays.  So many possibilities!

Be sure to check out my process video to see these leaves in action:



Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Thanksgiving!


Supplies Used:
Dazzlerz--Spun Sugar, Lemon Drop, Pucker Up Pink
Texturez--Crushed Coral, Mari-Gold Digger
Vibez--Sweetheart, Snow Way Man, Jeni B Bleu
Coloringz--Pretty in Pink, Mama Sings the Blues
Inklingz--Miner Miner 49er, Old Yeller


No comments:

Post a Comment