Sunday, November 19, 2017

Making Spirits Bright / Hip Kit Club

Hello again!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club.  This is my first page using the beautiful 2017 November Hip Kits...and they are FULL of pretty Christmas goodies!  There are a lot of Pinkfresh Studio products as well as a lot of Hip Kit exclusives.  For this page, I was inspired by one of the exclusive 8x8 patterned papers from the December Documented Kit.  It's full of little ornaments, and I decided to fussy cut them all out and make a few little strings or banners.

One of the Pinkfresh papers has these cute light strings on it, so I tore the top half off and adhered that to some white cardstock.  Before arranging the ornament strings, I used some Shimmerz Paints from my stash to add some watercolor behind my photo.  I also used a bit of light pink and some gold Color Shine.  Those did not come in the Color Kit...those are from my own personal stash.  I arranged the ornaments across the page and then stitched through them with grey thread.  I love how they turned out!



I added some tissue paper and adhesive foam under my photo to raise it up off the page a bit.  I added a few Pinkfresh die cuts on both sides of the photo, and I fussy cut the red & white scalloped border piece from a December Documented Card.


Aren't these ornaments adorable?  I knew right away they needed to be cut out :)  I used one of the Pinkfresh die cuts as my title, and I tucked it under some of the ornaments.  I also added in some tangled gold thread and scattered around some of the exclusive sequins.


Many of the die cuts have gold foiling on them, and they just shine in the light.


I created a little cluster under the title here using a sticker from Crate Paper, some exclusive Puffy Stickers, another sequins, a wood veneer button and fussy cut tiny tree.  I tried to bring in all the colors that were scattered around the page.  I also wrote my journaling with a gold metallic pen.


I cut and curved this sentiment sticker to make it fit on this line of lights, and I love how it looks!  It fit perfectly between the red bulb and the bird.


Here's one more close-up of the top area. I tucked in a striped label die cut as well as a few Project Life Cards under the photo for layers, and the "JOY" sticker is from Crate Paper.


This was super fun to make...so many pretty things to choose from.  It was hard to get started :)  I will be back next week with a layout using the Main Kit only, so stay tuned for that :)

Here's my process video if you'd like to check it out:



Thanks so much, and I'll see you soon!


2 comments:

  1. This is delightful Missy! I love your playful background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the insightful tips and suggestions you provided in this article; they will definitely be helpful. It's a must-see profile Color Blind Test. Individuals with color vision impairments depend on color blind tests in various fields, including design, education, and healthcare.

    ReplyDelete