Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Fa La La / Hip Kit Club

Happy Tuesday, friends :)  I'm sharing my newest layout for Hip Kit Club today.  I used the November Main Kit only for this page.  I decided to start with one of this month’s cut files designed by Lorilei.  I cut it on white cardstock and then cut several more snowflakes from various patterned papers.  I used another sheet of white cardstock as my background, and I pulled out some Shimmerz from my stash as well as some Gold Color Shine.  Since my photos had a nice pop of red and green, I wanted to bring out the soft pinks and golds on the background.  And I couldn’t resist using the adorable animals in the exclusive Ephemera Pack.


I layered the patterned paper snowflakes over the cut file to add some color, and I added an enamel dot in the center of each one.  I love the dimension created here with these layers.  I wrote my journaling with a gold metallic pen.


This kit contains a chipboard pack from Pinkfresh Studio, and I used this really large white snowflake with gold foiling.  I love the tone-on-tone look  here, and it adds some really great depth and texture without being too colorful or busy.  I also tucked in a few of the Pinkfresh Puffy Stickers.


Here are those darling animal die cuts!  They are just precious.  I fussy cut the “Holiday Fun” banner from a Pinkfresh patterned paper and tucked it under the animals.  Here you can also see the gold machine stitching I did, creating lots of messy circles.


Here’s another close-up of the die cut and background.  I’ve been on a gold kick lately and love adding it to my Christmas pages!


I highly recommend layering snowflakes like this...it gives the illusion of many snowflakes and creates some awesome dimension!


I hope this gives you some inspiration for using our November Main Kit.  It’s a lot of fun, and all the products are so pretty!  Be sure to check out my process video down below:



Thanks for stopping by, and have a lovely day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment