Friday, November 10, 2017

Grateful Heart / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends, and Happy FRIDAY!  I’m sharing my newest layout for Hip Kit Club today.  I was excited to be back for Mixed Media Monday on the blog this week.  I used the 2017 October Hip Kits for this page, and I just love how it turned out.  I wanted to focus on mainly the pinks in the kits, but I eventually wound up adding in some mint, yellow and gold.  Color schemes evolve as you go, and sometimes the end result is completely different than how you envisioned.  And that is okay!  I used the beautiful pink and white diagonal striped Jen Hadfield paper from the Main Kit as my background and added a lot of Shimmerz from the Color Kit to the background.  First, I smudged lots of white acrylic paint and gesso onto the background to prime the paper.  I used the Mango Tango Vibez and the Old Yeller Inklingz as well as a few other colors from previous Color Kits.  I used some plastic packaging and a palette knife to spread and smear the paint.


Here you can see the different color variations.  I fussy cut a lot of flowers from another Jen Hadfield paper and used them around the page.  That fun leafy wreath cut file should be available soon on the HKC website.  It was designed by Tehri.  I used some of the exclusive wood veneer leaves and the Pretty Little Studio alpha stickers from the Project Life Kit here paired with the gorgeous gold Thickers from the Embellishment Kit.  The “about us” was fussy cut from a Project Life card.


I love the matte look of these gold Thickers.  Under my photos, I added a Project Life card and a Pinkfresh Studio striped tag that I cut in half. Those tags are in the Embellishment Kit.   I used the other half above the other photo.  My journaling fit nicely right under the title.  After I made the title, I needed some splashes of that deeper blue color, so I mixed up some acrylic paint and a bit of aqua Shimmerz and splattered some around the page.


To add dimension behind my photos, I added some adhesive foam.  It makes such a difference and really gives the layout some life.  The flowers just seem to jump right off the page.


I used some of the One Canoe Two enamel shapes around the page as well.  I tore off this gold “XO” from a Pinkfresh Studio tag.


Here’s another close-up of the top area.  I couldn’t resist using a few of these gorgeous Pinkfresh Studio black & white butterflies!  They were perfect for this page.


I think I'm addicted to layering...haha!  It just gives such a great dimensional effect, especially when you use foam dots or foam adhesive to raise some pieces up.  The butterfly, flower, leaf and cut file are flat on the page.  The photo is raised up, and the flower I added on top of it looks even higher.  It's great to get all the different colors, shapes and textures all mixed together like this.


I hope this gives you some inspiration and fun ideas to try on your next page.  Don’t be afraid to fussy cut images from patterned paper or use Project Life cards in a way other than for Project Life.  Get creative!  You can check out my process video if you’d like to see how I created this.


And don't forget....the gorgeous NOVEMBER Hip Kits are shipping NOW!  If you want one of these beauties, go get it now before they're gone!  I just received mine yesterday, and everything is making me swoon!  Go HERE.



Thanks for stopping by, and have a GREAT weekend!


1 comment: