Monday, November 27, 2017

Crazy Good Times / Elle's Studio Guest Designer

Hey, friends! I'm back today to share my last Guest Designer layout for Elle's Studio.  I have had such a wonderful time there this month!  I used bits and pieces from the November Kit, as well as the Family Fun Collection. I love this collection because it has a rainbow variety of colors! I decided to use them all here and create a watercolor background to match. I cut triangle strips on my Silhouette Cameo first from the colorful stripes in the #6 paper from the Family Fun 12″ x 12″ Paper Collection and arranged them on white cardstock. I used watercolors and some plastic packaging to create those fun and messy splotches on the background. Once I arranged all the strips, I stitched through them using my sewing machine and coordinating thread colors. I chose to scrap a silly photo of me, my mom and my sister, and the embellishments were perfect for it.


One of my favorite things about Elle’s Studio patterned papers is there are always bright and bold solids mixed with fun prints. These colors are so rich, and were just begging to be designed in rainbow fashion. Here you can see all the texture from the stitching and thread.


I just adore the Stanley Alphabet Stamp, so I used it to stamp part of my title below the photo. I used a lot of die cuts here from the Family Fun Bits and Pieces, as well as the November Kit. I tried to create a rainbow effect with these die cuts as well. How cute are those little Puffy Heart Stickers?


At the top of the layout, I added the word “fun” from the Family Fun Puffy Stickers and a circle “fun stuff” die cut, included in the November Kit. I love that so many of the embellishments in the kit and Family Fun Collection are for everyday photos and not event specific. Everything is so versatile, and I love that!


Here’s one last close-up showing the dimension on the layout. Puffy stickers automatically give you some nice depth. I raised my photo up with some adhesive foam, so even more dimension is created by layering pieces in and around it.


I love these little Puffy Stickers!  It was fun mixing and matching all these stickers and die cuts here.


Here's one more close-up of the beautiful rainbow and stitching :)


I hope this inspires you in some way. It was so much fun to make, and I had a wonderful time here this month!  Thanks to Elle's Studio for having me :)

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful page! I LOVE the photo! Silly, goofy photos are the best! :)

    ReplyDelete