Thursday, January 28, 2021

You Are Magical / Hip Kit Club

Hello, friends!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club.  This is my first page using the 2021 January Hip Kits, and they are so beautiful!  I started with a few of the rolled flower die cuts. They come plain and are meant to be painted or colored.  I coated them with clear gesso first and then used the Precious Posey Shimmerz from the Color Kithttps://www.hipkitclub.net/january-2021-color-kit to paint them.  I also used some of the Snow Way Man Vibez as well as the Naughty or Nice from last month's kit.  I loosely rolled them into a flower shape, and I love how pretty they turned out!  

I sorted through all of the embellishments and decided to use a few rainbow pieces as well as lots more flowers.  I used textured white cardstock from the Cardstock Kit for the background, and I coated it with clear gesso before adding color.  Again, I used the Precious Posey on the lower half and for the sky area, I mixed the Snow Way Man with a green Lindy's Gang spray we received in an older kit.

 

I love how dimensional these flowers are, and I love how shimmery they are here!  I decided to arrange all of the embellishments in a horizontal line around my photo.  These colors together are so pretty!  I popped up a lot of the die cuts to create some depth, and I also added in a few chipboard stickers.

I started with the rainbows and then added in the flowers kind of like a puzzle.  I love making clusters like this.  There are a lot of pretty flower die cuts in the kits, and I like that there are different sizes.  I added in a little bit of colored thread, too.
For some reason, I was feeling like this page needed a sky, so I created one :)  I hand cut some cute clouds for that space, and I popped them up with some adhesive foam.  I like to add some shadowing to clouds, so I used a metallic silver gelato for that.  I show how I did that in my video.
This die cut was perfect for my title, and it matched perfectly.  I created another little phrase cluster under it using a few of the chipboard phrase stickers.  I also used a small piece of the stitched clear stickers.  They're perfect for adding that stitched look on your page without having to use a sewing machine!
Here are a few more close-ups of all the pretty things :)
I love this texture!




I love how dreamy this turned out!  I hope it inspires you...at first I was intimidated by the rolled flowers because I wasn't sure how to roll them...haha.  I just played around with them until I liked how they looked.  I'm sure you could roll them tighter for an even more realistic looking flower with even more dimension!

Here's my process video:


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I'll be back tomorrow...yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment