Monday, January 4, 2021

Lucky Mama / Pinkfresh Studio January Challenge

Happy Monday!  The January Challenge is up over on the Pinkfresh Studio Blog...yay!  For this month's challenge, we are choosing any of the 2020 Challenges.  I chose the September Challenge which focused on Rainbows.  I can't resist a rainbow :)

I used mostly the Let's Stay Home collection but mixed in a few bits from My Favorite Story as well.  I cut arcs from patterned papers to create the rainbow and I glued them to smooth white cardstock.  I machine stitched through each arc with matching thread.  I did coat the white areas with clear gesso and then used the Liquid Watercolors to make a "sky."  I used mostly the Sky Blue color.


I smudged a little bit of white gesso over the rainbow to give it a faded hazy effect in a few areas.  I hand cut some clouds from white cardstock.  I distressed the edges and then used the Licorice Watercolor to add a bit of grey shadowing.  I popped them up with some adhesive foam and tucked some blue thread underneath.  I also added some white acrylic paint splatters and some of the Essentials Jewels & Crystals.

I layered a few patterned paper pieces behind the photo and then tucked in a large flower die cut.  I also added a few puffy stickers, a chipboard circle sticker and some pink thread.
I used the Heather Lowercase Stamp Set for my title, and I stamped it using the Sapphire Mini Ink Cube.  It was the perfect blue match!  I mixed in a few of the Let's Stay Home Mini Alphas to complete the title and wrote my journaling on a yellow label sticker.
Gosh I love rainbows!  I did distress the edges of each arc to create some texture.  I tucked in one of the large envelopes here...I love the string!
Here are a few more close-ups of all the details--



Aren't those Jewels and Crystals so pretty?!  I love how shimmery they are.  All of these are Jewels except the green...those are Crystals.  You can see the difference.  The Jewels are more iridescent and have a flat top.  The Crystals are more clear with a pointed top.  Both have flat bottoms, so they're easy to glue down.


I hope this inspires you to play along with us this month!  There are so many 2020 Challenges to choose from, and you could win a $50 gift card!  Yay!

Go HERE to check out all the details.

Here's my process video if you want to see how I made this:

 


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment