Saturday, January 16, 2021

Fun Party on the Couch / Hip Kit Club

Happy Saturday, friends!  I have another layout to share for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2020 December Hip Kits.  I used several patterned papers from the Main Kit to create some strips to start the design.  I loved the all the colors together, so I layered the strips, glued them down and machine stitched through them before doing anything else.  I used textured white cardstock for the base, and then I coated the white areas with clear gesso.  I wasn't sure how much mixed media I was going to do, so I went ahead and prepped the paper just in case :)

Also, side note...I am learning how to edit my photos in Photoshop...yikes!  I have never used it before (I know...it's 2021...what's my deal?!) so hopefully these photos are okay as far as editing and visibility goes.  Photoshop is overwhelming to me!


I used all three Shimmerz colors from the Color Kit and the exclusive stamps to create these cute hearts.  I just painted the Shimmerz onto the heart stamp using a brush and then stamped it onto some scrap white cardstock.  So easy!  I cut them out and used them as embellishments.

I mixed and matched the title using some chipboard pieces and the small blue puffy alphas.  I wanted the papers to have a faded look, so I did smudged some white gesso over them.  I also did that to this dark blue chipboard "party" circle.  I used a few of the clear fireworks stickers and then added some white splatters using white acrylic paint.
Here you can see more of the details.  I distressed the edges of the papers before gluing them down.  I added some white tissue paper behind my photos for a subtle layer and then popped them up with some adhesive foam.  I used a black fine-tip Sharpie for my journaling.
I love how these hearts turned out!  I used the Naughty or Nice Shimmerz here on the background.  It matched this chipboard frame perfectly.  I added some of the stamped hearts and some blue thread.
More chipboard pieces, clear stickers and stamped hearts on this part of the page.
I had to have at least one of the paper strips look a little wonky, so I tore the edges...haha :D  I do love order, but I also love chaos on my pages :)
And I also love the phrases on these exclusive puffy stickers.  I used a few of those on the layout.
More close-ups of all the details :)



I hope this gives you some ideas to try on your next layout!  It's so interesting how each of my pages gets started.  Sometimes I start with the photo. Sometimes I start with papers...sometimes a sticker.  It just depends on the vibes of each process :)  These papers just jumped out at me, so I let them lead the way.

Here's my process video, so check it out if you want to see how I put this together:


Thank you so much for stopping by!  Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment