Friday, January 8, 2021

Very Warm and Cozy / Hip Kit Club

Happy Friday...woo hoo!  I wanted to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club today.  I used the 2020 December Hip Kits and one of the exclusive cut files.  I started with the cut file, which I cut on my Cameo using textured white cardstock.  I printed a strip of photos and added a space between the second and third so I could layer the title over it.  I used thick smooth white cardstock for the background, and I coated it with clear gesso before adding the Shimmerz.

 


I did add some clear gesso to the title here before adding color.  I mixed the Christmas Cheer and Naughty or Nice Shimmerz from the Color Kit and painted just the bottom parts of each word.  I knew that I wanted to add blue to the background, so this color on the title makes it stand out.  I did pop it up with some adhesive foam to give it some dimension against the background.  I also added on to the title with some of the smaller blue alpha stickers.

I fussy cut some flowers and leaves from one of the exclusive patterned papers and tucked them behind the edges of the photos in a few places.  I also used some papers to layer behind the photos.  I layered in one of the chipboard frames and tucked in some dark blue thread here under the title.
I love this shadowing effect!
I used one of the large envelopes as a layer here.  I used more thread and fussy cut flowers and leaves and then added some chipboard and puffy heart stickers.  I also used a few of the clear stickers from the kits.  They look like fireworks, but I just stuck them under the layers so they peek out.
I added some golden yellow thread down at the bottom.  I cut this "2020 Highlights" from a Pocket Life Card.  These photos are from Summer when my wild child was obviously not sleeping...haha :D  They're not even clear pictures because it was dark, but they make me smile...and they're still a memory.  Photos don't always have to be magazine worthy to make it onto a scrapbook page :)
I love all these layers!  I used a few of the puffy phrase stickers, too.
I used the Oakie Bear Blue Shimmerz on the background, and I mixed in a bit of a green Lindy's Gang Spray that we received in an older kit.  I wanted hints of aqua, so I like how those two colors mix.  You can see how I did the background work in my video down below.
Here are a few more close-ups :)



I hope this inspires you in some way...be sure to check out all the cut files for this month HERE.  Make sure you have a registered Hip Kit Club account to access them for free.  I love how this page turned out, and I had fun making it :)

Here's my process video:

 


Thanks for stopping by, and I'll be back tomorrow :)  Have a great FRIDAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment