Monday, January 18, 2021

Love My Girl / Pinkfresh Studio

Hello again, friends!  Here's my newest layout for Pinkfresh Studio.  I used the Celebrate collection while I await the arrival of the new releases!  I used the Intricate Mandala Die to create these beautiful circles from a few patterned papers, and I arranged them in a vertical design.  I used smooth white cardstock for the background, I wanted to do some stamping on it.  I coated it with clear gesso first, and the I used the Straight Stripes Cling Rubber Stamp with the Rocky Slope Mini Ink to create some wonky stripes.  I stamped them down and then used a wet brush to blur some of the lines.  I love that "left out in the rain" look.  I also used the Licorice Liquid Watercolor to add more grey areas behind the photo and circles.

I fussy cut some flowers and leaves from another patterned paper to use as layers behind the circles.  I hadn't planned on adding any green to this page, but I tried it and I liked it.  I added in a few green leafy die cuts and some green thread.  I used the Heather Lowercase Alpha Die Set for half of the title.  I love these dies because you get two letters each time--the solid letter and the thin outline.  I used both here.  I paired that with some smaller puffy alphas from the Super Cool collection.
I love this color scheme so much.  The grey was the perfect addition to this, especially since I used a black and white photo.  I layered some white tissue paper under it as well as a pink square die cut.  The small pink flowers are from a patterned paper that I cut out.
I added some orange thread on this side of the photo and finished everything off with some of the Essentials Crystals.  They are the perfect addition for texture, dimension and sparkle.  I used the dark grey, green and pink ones.
Here are more close-ups of all the details.

The detail on this die is amazing...all those little cut out pieces!

I hope this inspires you in some way today...I sure had fun making it!  I love how something like a die can totally jump start an idea and basically create the design for you.  This one is a fave!

Be sure to check out my process video here for all the details:


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment