Thursday, May 27, 2021

Hello Lovely You / Paige Evans DT

Hey friends!  I'm back today to share a new layout for the Paige Evans Design Team featuring Paige’s Wonders collection. This layout and color scheme was inspired by the cute little rainbow from the Chipboard Stickers. It was the first item I pulled to use and I based the rest of the page around it. 

I used the Peony Pop-Up Die to cut five large flowers using various patterned papers from Wonders using my manual die cutting machine. I chose papers that matched the colors in the rainbow sticker. I wanted lots of background texture, so I used Paige’s Polka Dots Stencil with modeling paste over a sheet of thick, smooth white cardstock. I did coat it with clear gesso first. Once the background was dry and I had the flowers arranged, I used a mix of Distress Oxides and Shimmerz sprays to create lots of color over the paste. I wanted to create a tone-on-tone effect with the colors.


Once the color was dry, I began arranging the embellishments around the photo and flowers. I used the Chipboard Sticker rainbow, one from the Lollies that I took apart, and one that I fussy cut from Paper 24. I layered them and popped them up with adhesive foam. I used a few of the Paper Flowers in matching areas and a few hearts from the Cardstock Stickers. For the title I used the Hello Lovely stamp from the Acrylic Stamps and mixed it with one of the Epoxy Phrase Stickers. I even used a few of the tiny flower stickers from the 8-Page Sticker Book. I used the crepe paper from one of the Lollies and layered it at the bottom of the photo.

This blue is my favorite! I just love the awesome texture from the Polka Dots Stencil and that beautiful deep blue color. This blue flower was cut from Paper 6. I used a few blue pieces here including a bird from the 8-Page Sticker Book that I attached to white cardstock and cut out. I also used a bit of the Washi Tape here as well as matching thread. I added gold splatters after everything was finished to give it a bit of shine.
Lots of yellow over here...so pretty :)  I used a Paper Flower and a sticker from the 8-page Sticker Book.  It's so fun to go through the collection and pick things of a certain color.
Ahhhhh texture :)  Some of the circles were squished when I moved the stencil around, but I actually love that it's not perfect.  And look how cute this ladybug is!  I popped her up with some adhesive foam.  I made sure to add lots of glue to everything to make sure it stayed down on top of all this bumpy texture.  I use the Scotch Tacky Glue...works great!
I fussy cut this "sunshine" piece from a Die Cut and added it above the orange flower.  I love that it arcs, so it was perfect.
I used the Seedless Preserves & Wild Honey Distress Oxides with this stamp to create a fun matching ombre effect, and it turned out so nice!  I just love all of these fun elements here...hearts, flowers, rainbows...all my faves!
Here are more close-ups because I couldn't stop taking them :)


I did add three layers of adhesive foam under the middle rainbow since there was so much dimension. 




I really had a great time making this page, and I hope it inspires you in some way.  I have to say it was so fun to start with that little chipboard rainbow and base the whole page around that.  In the past I tend to just jump right in with intentions of using a particular piece, but then by the time the layout is almost finished I can't make it work.  So I started with it and that guaranteed that it would be used.

Be sure to check out the process for this page...it's a journey!




Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment