Monday, May 17, 2021

Home Sweet Home / Paige Evans DT

Happy Monday, friends!  I'm excited to share a new layout for the Paige Evans Design Team that features a new cut file.  This is the Butterfly Wreath cut file that is part of Paige's 20 Days of Spring Cut Files.  You can purchase them HERE.  I used Paige's Wonders collection.

I started by cutting the butterflies once on Wonders Paper 15 and again on plain textured white cardstock.  I wanted to create some depth and layers, so I glued them together and arranged the wreath on some smooth white cardstock.  I wanted a dark blue color behind it, so after using clear gesso on the background, I used a few blue Distress Oxides.  I just scraped the pads directly onto the paper in the shape of the wreath and then sprayed water onto it to activate the inks.  I did a few layers of this to get it darker.  I wanted the blue butterflies to stand out. 


Here you can see the layers on the cut file...I love how the edges curl up!  I popped up the entire thing with adhesive foam to create even more dimension and shadowing.  I decided later to add a few more colors of ink next to the blue.  I fussy cut lots of different colored butterflies from Paper 08 to scatter around the page as well.

I added pink and orange here under where the photo strip is.  I used a mix of Distress Oxides and Shimmerz sprays.  I layered some white tissue paper and a few patterned papers under the photo strip as well as some adhesive foam to give it some lift.  I went small with the title and used a little sentiment that I fussy cut from Paper 12 that has all the tags.  I also added a navy blue "Today" from the Puffy Phrase Stickers.
I wanted a pop of the dark blue here on the right so I tucked in a tag from the Ephemera Die Cuts.
I glued all the fussy cut butterflies all around the layout to spread all the colors around and break up all the blue.  I also tucked in some green thread here down at the bottom.

I added a few stickers above the photos from the Cardstock Stickers and the 8-page Sticker Book.

I finished off the big butterflies with large sequins that I glued to the centers.  I love how that looks!
A few more close-ups just because :)




I really love how this turned out!  I hope it inspires you to check out the 20 Days of Spring Cut Files...they are all amazing (as usual).  

Here's my process video if you'd like to see the journey this layout took:

 


Thanks so much for stopping in, and have a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment