Saturday, May 1, 2021

Love This So Much / iNSD Mixed Media / Paige Evans DT

Hello and Happy International Scrapbooking Day...woo hoo!  There are so many fun events going on all over the internet today, and it's awesome to see that!  I have a Paige Evans DT layout to share that I created for a MIXED MEDIA challenge over on her Happy Scrappy Place FB group.  There are challenges and free cut files going up all day long, so go check it out!

I used Paige's Wonders collection to create this.  I used the scalloped border stamp from the Wonders Stamps to start this messy background.  I used smooth white cardstock for the base, and I coated it with clear gesso first to prep it.  I used Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide to stamp the border in a messy vertical design.  I used water and a brush to make the color run and blend.  I mixed in a little Shimmerz Deep Blue Sea to give a bit of color variation.  I love that you can still see the scalloped pattern but there is also a lot of that watercolor effect.

 

For the bottom of the page, I sprayed Shimmerz Princess and spread it around with a brush.  I based my background colors on some of the colors from these banners.  I fussy cut those from Paper 06 and scattered them below the photo.  I machine stitched through the top of each line so I could bend up the scalloped parts.  I wanted them to look like they were coming off the page and blowing in the wind :)

I embellished here with several hearts from the Chipboard Stickers and some alphas from the Sticker Book.  I fussy cut the bigger heart from a cut apart sheet and layered it over the photo.  I also tucked in some matching blue thread.
I layered a few patterned papers behind the photo, and I popped it up with some adhesive foam.  I did splatter some white acrylic paint...I just love how that looks on darker colors.
More Chipboard Stickers over on this side as well as some pink thread.
I tore a little piece here from one of the 2x2 Paper Pads.  I love that deep purple color!


I created a little cluster at the top of the page using another small piece of the banners and a few stickers from the Sticker Book.  I tried to use pieces in different colors to stand out against the blue background.
Lots more close-ups here...I took a lot!

I did add some of the Puffy Phrase Stickers along the arcs of the banners, and I fussy cut this piece from a patterned paper.

I hope you'll come join us today...there is a challenge fit for anyone and anyone's style.  Paige is giving away lots of free cut files as well, so come check it out HERE!

I have a process video for this, so give it a watch if you want to see how I made this page:


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment