Monday, June 7, 2021

A Good Day / Pinkfresh Studio June Challenge

Hey there, friends!  The Pinkfresh Studio June Challenge is up, and it's all about DIE CUTS. The color scheme coordinates with the Happy Blooms collection.  Check it out!

Here's what I came up with :)  I thought I'd start by creating some die cuts.  I used the Phrase Builder: You Die Set to cut a bunch of "awesome" words.  I used six papers in rainbow shades from the Happy Blooms 6x6 Paper Pad.  I played around with them and decided to create an actual rainbow using the words.  I love how it turned out!

 

I used thick, smooth white cardstock for the background.  I coated it with clear gesso first and then used the Sky Blue Liquid Watercolor to create a big color wash.  I wanted a sky and some water since I used a pool photo.  I let that dry and then arranged the die cuts.  I lightly glued them down and then machine stitched through each arc using white thread.

I love creating a "sky" and "water" when I use pool photos...it just looks like the photo is part of the background.  I used some of the floral die cuts in a few places to embellish.  For the title I used some of the green puffy alphas, but I changed the color.  I used my finger to smudge some white gesso over them and let it dry.  Then I painted them with the same watercolor I used on the background.  It worked great!  I layered another "awesome" over that.
I did pop up this pink flower with some adhesive foam.  I topped all the flowers with some of the Essentials Jewels...such great texture and sparkle!  I also added some around the flowers & title as well.
I tucked in more flower die cuts here around the photo.

I wanted to jazz up the "sky" area, so I hand cut some fluffy clouds out of some scrap white cardstock.  I used a grey gelato to smudge a bit of color on them and then machine stitched through the bottoms to give them a bit of texture and interest.  I popped them up with some adhesive foam and then sprinkled some Jewels around them.
I did splatter some watered down white acrylic paint and some metallic gold spray.
More close-ups of all the fun details :)



I hope this inspires you in some way today :)  And please come join us for the challenge!  You could win a $50 Gift Card to the Pinkfresh Studio Store...woo hoo!

Here's my process video if you'd like to see how I made this:


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment