Friday, February 26, 2021

Wake Up & Be Awesome / Hip Kit Club

Happy Friday...woo hoo!  Here's my newest layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2021 January Hip Kits.  I've had my eye on this rainbow paper for a while and finally decided to use it.  I wanted to use it as is, but with some dimension and texture added in.  I cut it out and then attached the rest of the blue paper to a piece of cardstock.  I distressed the rainbow, smudged white gesso over it, added white splatters to it and machine stitched on it before adding it back into its place.  I also popped it up using adhesive foam.  I absolutely love how it turned out!

I cut along each ray so I could add texture along all the edges.  I used different colored thread to create some zig zag texture.

I wanted to add some interest to the blue part of the paper, so I smudged some white gesso down first.  I used a mix of the Shimmerz Snow Way Man from the Color Kit and an Lindy's Spray (Mad Hatter Mint) from an older kit.  I wanted it to be just a shade darker than the actual background.  I also wanted to add more clouds, so I hand cut a few from some scrap cardstock.  I distressed the edges and added a tint of grey using a gelato from my stash.  I also popped them off the page.
I love how this watercolor turned out.  Tone-on-tone is so awesome!  I used a few of the butterfly embellishments here...a puffy sticker & a chipboard sticker.
I used three black & white photos, and I layered two of them here on the large main cloud.  I layered white tissue paper behind them as well as a few chipboard pieces and puffy button stickers.  I used this "wake up & be awesome" chipboard piece as the title.  I didn't really want a huge title, and this one was ready to go and it fit perfect right here.
Here are a few more little clouds I cut from cardstock.  I love the one layered under the rainbow...it just creates such wonderful depth.  I also added a few more puffy stickers.
More chipboard here...I used this cute purple bow and a piece of a yellow frame as a layer.
I took lots of close-ups of the beautiful rainbow :)



I added a few more pieces here above the top photo.  Layering makes such a huge difference in the final look of the page, I think.  Some pieces on top of the rainbow while others are under it...it just makes everything stand out so nicely.
And a few more just because :)

I really love how this turned out!  I hope it gives you some inspiration.  I will never tire of making rainbow layouts...haha!  They just always look so happy and all those colors together are just the best.

Here's my process video:


 

 Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a fabulous weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment