Monday, February 15, 2021

Crazy Awesome Hot Mess / Pinkfresh Studio

Hello, friends!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Pinkfresh Studio.  I used the new Keeping it Real collection.  It's so fun and colorful, and it's perfect for those crazy moments in life. I also used a new Crazy Times cut file, and I made it part of a large title design.  I cut it on my Silhouette Cameo using textured white cardstock, and I then I decided to fill in the open space with patterned paper.  I traced the "crazy" onto a yellow patterned paper and then cut it out.  I popped it up with some adhesive foam and placed it back over the cut file.

I used the Mini Ink Cubes to create the background.  I coated some textured white cardstock with clear gesso and let that dry.  I chose inks that matched this collection and scraped the ink pad along the paper.  I created a few different colored stripes and then used a brush and water to make the color run.  I did wind up adding a bit of the Liquid Watercolors to add more shades in a few spots.


I like to use textured cardstock for this technique because you can see the lines from the paper through the color.  I love how the inks react with water.  Some of the colors do change a little bit when they're watered down on gesso, but I used the watercolors to fix that.  So here you can see the dimension from the cut file...that's why I love to pop it up off the page!  I added some floral die cuts around the page and a few I fussy cut from papers. 

I used a variety of puffy alpha stickers and word stickers to add on to the title.  I love all the different sizes and fonts of letters and words!  I also added in some tangled thread in a few places in colors that matched.
I used more die cuts here on the side of the photo, and then added I Love This using the small multi-colored alpha stickers.
I went light on the background with the yellow ink since the title was yellow.  I wanted it to stand out, so I made sure other colors were behind it.
The sentiments are my favorite part of this collection.  They are all about real life...the good and the stressful parts.  Most of my photos are of everyday life moments, so it's perfect for me...haha :D
Here are a few more shots of all the details:





I hope you are inspired by this...it was a lot of fun to put together.  If you're a mixed media scrapper, have you tried this technique?  It's pretty quick and easy, and of course fun!

Here's my process video:


Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you again soon.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment