Friday, February 12, 2021

Best Ever / Paige Evans DT

Hey there, and Happy Friday!  I'm back today with a fun layout with pretty pink hearts for the Paige Evans Design Team featuring Paige’s Go the Scenic Route & Bloom Street collections and her Dangling Hearts cut file. I wanted to get in the Valentine’s Day zone, so I wanted to use a lot of pink. 

I first used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the design and used a few patterned papers from Go the Scenic Route to trace, cut, and fill in the open hearts. Instead of backing the cut file, I glued it flat onto the background and then popped the hearts up with foam adhesive for fun dimension. I used thick white cardstock for the background, which I coated with clear gesso before adding lots of blue Shimmerz.

I sprayed the blue colors onto the background, added water, and let the colors run and blend. Once that dried, I used a palette knife to scrape on a few colors of Nuvo Crystal Drops. I love how it adds lots of subtle color and shine! I also splattered diluted white acrylic paint. Once that was dry, I adhered and machine stitched through the cut file and the hearts. I bent up the edges for extra texture and dimension.  I smudged Nuvo Silver Glimmer Paste for even more shine. I added a shiny silver "love" Cardstock Sticker here from Bloom Street.
I love how this background turned out!  Using the Nuvo Drops just gives it a whole new texture and level of shine.  I also love the look of the threads on the hearts...it just gives it a fun whimsy feel.
This is why I hardly ever glue anything down completely flat...haha.  I love bending up edges and making things look a little tattered. 
I toned down the metallic shine on this "love" sticker by smudging some white gesso over it.  It's still shiny, but a little more matte.
I love these tickets from Go the Scenic Route Paper 17. They make great small titles. I layered a few here and I also fussy cut this cute flower from the Ephemera Die Cuts. I sorted through the embellishments from Bloom Street and found a similar blank ticket from the Ephemera Die Cuts to layer here. I wanted to keep everything blue and pink to enhance these cute pool photos.
I need to use vellum more...I love the soft feel it creates.
I layered some of Go the Scenic Route Paper 16 behind the photos as well as a tiny scalloped border I cut from a die cut. I tucked in tangled thread and then decided the outer edges of the photos needed a little something. I fussy cut two hearts from vellum and stitched through them.  ellum is so awesome because it’s so soft and subtle but still adds that extra pop
Here are a few more close-ups :)




I hope this inspires you on this Valentine's Weekend!  I had fun putting it together, and you just can't go wrong with hearts.  They're always a winner :)

Be sure to check out my process video to see all the details!


Thank you for stopping in, and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment