Thursday, February 11, 2021

Love More of This / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, friends!  Today I'm sharing my newest layout for Hip Kit Club :)  I used the 2021 January Hip Kits and an exclusive cut file.  I love this big shadowy "love" design, so I cut it really big using some grey cardstock from last month's kit.  I left the inside open so I could do some watercolor behind it.  I used white textured cardstock for the background, and I coated it with clear gesso first and let it dry.  I used a lot of the Precious Posey Shimmerz to add all that beautiful purple.


I embellished around all the photos with lots of florals...chipboard stickers and die cuts mostly.  I love these colors blended with the purple.  I used some pieces from Pocket Life cards to layer behind the photos as well as some white tissue paper & adhesive foam.

I lightly traced the inside word from the cut file using a pencil.  I used those guidelines to paint the purple Shimmerz with a brush.  I did add some water to soften the edges and to lighten it up in spots.  I only wanted color on the bottom half of the word so it faded up to white at the top.  I did pop the entire cut file up with adhesive foam, and I love all the dimension and shadows!  I layered on some more flowers...some are die cuts and a few I fussy cut from a patterned paper.

To soften up the grey cardstock and give it more of a distressed and weathered effect, I smudged some white gesso over it using my fingers.
I added a puffy sticker here and some tangled thread in a few places.


I love this butterfly...and I love how it contrasts with the purple.  A color scheme I wasn't really planning on, but once I saw it I loved it :)
I used a black fine tip Sharpie to write my journaling.
I love seeing the texture from the cardstock showing through the watercolor! 
Here are a few more close-ups...

I hope this gives you some ideas to try on your next layout...it was a lot of fun to create.  I love cut files like this because it helps design your layout for you.  

Here's my process video:


Thanks for stopping by, and I'll be back tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment