Thursday, February 4, 2021

Oh Sweet Paige / Sara Scraps' 5 Year YouTube Hop

Hey, friends!  I wanted to share a layout I created for Sara Scraps' 5 Year Anniversary over on YouTube.  She created a YouTube Hop to celebrate with lots of awesome scrappers, and I was so honored that she asked me to take part :)  I'll link her video down below and if you haven't hopped along to watch everyone's videos, you can do that when you need some inspiration :)  The list of designers is in her description box.


I pulled out my stash for this page...yay!  I used a few papers from an older Hip Kit...it was a summer kit from probably two years ago.  I used a colorful paper to create all those die cut flowers on my Silhouette Cameo.  I used the Doodle Flowers cut file from Just Nick Studio, and I scattered them all over the page so they overlapped.  I also fussy cut some bright solid flowers from a second paper and layered them on as well.  I used thick white cardstock for the background, and I coated it with clear gesso.  I used a variety of green and blue Shimmerz Paints to create a big green and blue watercolor area behind all the flowers.

 

I wanted to create the illusion of leaves, so that's why I went with lots of green on the background.  I did decided to mix in some blue, and I love how that turned out.  I glued all the flowers down on top of the green background.  I popped some of them up with adhesive foam to create some dimension and shadowing.  I sorted through more of my stash and found some Crate Paper stickers and some Amy Tangerine clear bird stickers.

I added some bling to lots of the flowers.  I pulled out the Pinkfresh Studio Essentials Jewels to add the sparkle...they are so perfect for that!  This small hexagon piece was also a part of that older Hip Kit.
Here you can see the sparkle from the Jewels...so pretty!  I bent up the edges of most of the flowers so they would pop off the page.  I layered a few scraps of patterned paper from the kit behind my photo.

I only added a little bit of thread here on the left side of the photo...I tried it in a few other places but it just blended in and made the die cut flowers look weird.
I added some splatters using more of the Shimmerz, and I also added some black splatters.
This large chipboard piece is from an older Illustrated Faith collection...I love how it looked up here tucked inside these flowers.
I used some older Bella Blvd Tiny Text alpha stickers for the title...I just kept it sweet and simple :)

Here are a few more close-ups of all the details :)
It's hard to see here, but I did add a colorful strip of paper to the top and bottom of the layout to bring some color to those areas, and I machine stitched along the edges.

I had so much fun making this, and I'm so happy to be a part of Sara's celebration.  Be sure to check out all of the videos...so much inspiration!

Here's my process video:


 

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment