Sunday, December 6, 2020

Merry Christmas / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, friends!  I'm excited to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club, and it features the beautiful 2020 November Hip Kits.  They are full of exclusive papers and embellishments, and everything is sooooo pretty!  I used one of the many holiday cut files to start this layout.  I cut the "Merry Christmas" on one of the light pink patterned papers.  I smudged some white gesso over it to give it a faded snowy look, and then I dabbed on some of the Lindy's Gang Magical Powder (Rudolph's Red Nose) over it to give it some darker pink areas.

I also used a patterned paper for the background, which I also coated with white gesso.  I just love how it creates an instant snowy look.  I used a lot of the Nuvo Jade Fountain Shimmer Powder to create all that pretty green.

Here you can see the pattern on this paper a lot better.  I popped the title up with some adhesive foam, which makes such a big difference, I think.  I love the shadows it creates!  And look how shimmery the colors are...so pretty :)  I took the snowy effect a bit further and splattered some white acrylic paint over everything.  Instant snow :)
You can see the adhesive foam here, but only if you look from the side...haha.  I used some of the acetate snowflakes around the page for some more fun snowy effects.
I embellished all around the photo using lots of things.  I used some patterned paper and a chipboard frame behind the photo. I tucked in some die cuts here on the right side.  There are so many different shapes and icons to choose from!  I added a bit of pink thread underneath the photo and then a smaller title using the mini puffy alphas.

It's fun to mix and match all the different kinds of embellishments.  I love these acetate pieces!
It's so cool to see the dimension from this angle.
I added a few small red puffy star stickers to the title, and I smudged some white gesso on them to thive them that faded snowy effect as well.
Here are more close-ups of all the details.

I hope this has given you one or two ideas to try on your next layout.  These Christmas kits are so much fun, and everything is unique to Hip Kits.  

Be sure to check out my process video to see how I made this:


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll see you again soon!  Have a wonderful Sunday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment