Friday, December 25, 2020

Christmas Hoops / Paige Evans DT

Merry Christmas, friends!  Today I'm sharing a fun and colorful Christmas layout for the Paige Evans Design Team.  I used Paige's Go the Scenic Route collection with two of her cut files.  I used the Christmas Tree and Christmas Tree designs with a rainbow variety of patterned papers from the collection.  I painted my own background using lots of Shimmerz and embellished with lots of fun little goodies :)

I started by cutting the trees on my Silhouette Cameo.  I wanted to create a little forest scene with the trees going in a horizontal line across the page.  I coated the textured white cardstock with clear gesso first and then used a few blue Shimmerz sprays to create a sky.  I went back over it with some white acrylic paint to add a cloudy effect.  I also splattered it all over the sky and trees to create some snow.


I arranged the trees and decided to try to embellish tone-on-ton.  I popped up the trees in the front with some adhesive foam to create some depth and shadows.  Here I added a little ticket die cut, a fussy cut bird, a puffy heart sticker and a tiny chipboard heart.  I wound up adding different colors to different areas in the end.

Here's the yellow section...more hearts and chipboard.  Here you can see the fun effect of popping up some of the trees.
I mixed and matched the title.  I wanted a solid color for "Christmas" so I pulled out the Pick-Me-Up Mini Thickers for that.  I used the Go the Scenic Route Thickers for "Hoops" and added a few more stickers to the left.  I smudged some white gesso over the blue letters to make them look a little snowy.
My photos were very colorful, so I tried to enhance them by adding lots of color all over the page :)
I machine stitched on some of the solid trees for some added texture, and I smudged some Nuvo Glimmer Paste on some of them for some added shimmer and glitter.  I added another sticker here that matched this area of trees.

This Glimmer Paste is the BEST!  It's so easy to use, too.
Here are few more close-ups of all the pretty colors :)



I hope this gives you some fun and festive vibes today of all days!  This was fun to make.  Everything I make with this collection is fun.  Be sure to check out my process video to see how this came together from start to finish:


 

 Thanks for stopping by, and Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Season's Greetings!

No comments:

Post a Comment