Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Hello Love / Shimmerz Paints

Hey there, friends!  I'm back today with a fun layout for Shimmerz Paints featuring some older stash from my shelves & lots of beautiful Shimmerz Paints :)  I dug around and found the Basic Grey Prism collection from 2014!  How do I still have this?!  I immediately started punching circles from all the patterned papers.  I chose matching Shimmerz and decided on a design.

I used thick smooth white cardstock for the background, and I coated it with clear gesso first.  I played around with all the circles and finally settled on this arrangement.  I glued them all down and then chose three small photos.  One of my favorite ways to use paints lately is to match them up to a shape and let the color sort of run from that shape.  In this case, I matched up the Shimmer to the circles and that's where I added the color.

Colors Used:

I either sprayed or used a brush to apply the colors to the paper and added a bit of water to spread it around.  I went through the collection and picked out stickers, chipboard pieces and a few more bits of paper to embellish with.  I also used three Shimmerz Dotz in a few places.
I love how soft these colors turned out when I blended them beside each other.  I added in some black thread for some added texture in a few places.  I combined a Maggie Holmes clear sticker with some Pink Paislee Puffy Alphas here for the title.  I used a black fine-tip Sharpie for my journaling.
I continued on with the circle motif here below the photos using some chipboard, die cuts, stickers and acetate pieces.  I also added in some sequins from SpeigelMom Scraps.  I found this cute black acetate ampersand in the die cut pack from this collection and it was perfect to use in between the photos.
I did messily smudge some white gesso over the circles.  You can see how they look a little cloudy in places.  I love that look!  I splattered most of the colors on top of them and then I machine stitched through each row of circles using black thread.
I used a few of Crafy Jen Schow's stamps in a few places...I love stamping and don't do it enough.  I needed some pops of the mint color down on the bottom of the page, so I added some sequins and thread.
Here more close-ups of all the details :)



  

I hope this inspires you in some way.  Sometimes it's fun to pull out something you haven't used in a long time and use that for your color scheme.  This collection determined my Shimmerz colors, and I love how it all came together.  

Be sure to check out my process video to see all of the paints in action!

 



 Thanks for stopping by, and Happy New Year!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment