Thursday, December 24, 2020

Merry Christmas from Las Vegas / Hip Kit Club

Merry Christmas Eve, friends!  I wanted to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2020 November Hip Kits.  I wanted to use more of the patterned papers, so I traced my square photo on four papers and created a horizontal square line across the page to get started.  I also wanted to incorporate more red and green since I used a lot of pink last week :)

I used thick smooth white cardstock for the base, and I coated it with clear gesso.  I smudge some white gesso over areas of the squares to create a hazy faded look.  I used the products from the Color Kit to add color above and below the squares.  I used the Nuvo Crystal Drops & Powder as well as the Lindy's Magical Powder.  The Crystal Drops are so cool...I just squirted it onto the paper and scraped it using my silicone brush like it was paste.  Love that soft golden color!

I used several of the vellum stars from the kits, and I tried to place them in color coordinating areas.  I also added in some puffy stickers and chipboard stickers.  I layered some white tissue paper and a few chipboard frames under my photo.
I used a die cut for the title and added on with the black scripty Thickers.  I love these so much!  However, I wanted to soften up the black a bit, so I just brushed some white gesso over them.  I added in a lot of puffy star stickers and some golden yellow thread.  The gold splatters are the Jen Hadfield Gold Glitter Spray that we got in last year's November Kits!
These little acetate houses are so cute, and I loved how they looked on this square.  I forgot to mention that I did machine stitch around each square using metallic gold thread.  And to add some pops of black to the top of the page, I used a few black and white snowflake die cuts.

I popped this star up using some adhesive foam and then added some dark green thread under it.  I also used my finger to smudge on some of the Nuvo Glimmer Paste...that stuff is AMAZING and makes anything look gorgeous.

I almost didn't add any of the golden yellow color, but I tried it and loved it.  Plus I really wanted to use this "twinkle" circle sticker since my photo is of lights.

Here you can see more of the glittery shimmer from the Nuvo Glimmer Paste...so pretty!  I smudged it on several stars :)
I love layering things...one of my favorite techniques to create dimension. 
I did use one floral chipboard piece here...mainly because it matched and looked Christmasy...haha.  I wanted mostly red things here on the red square.
Here are a few more close-ups of all the details :)

I hope this inspires you in some way today :)  I loved making it, although I had my doubts during the process...haha.  I do like how it turned out.  Be sure to check out my process video here:

 


Thanks for stopping by, and I'll be back tomorrow with my final Christmas layout of 2020!  Have a great Christmas Eve :)

No comments:

Post a Comment