Saturday, October 10, 2020

You & Me Always / Hip Kit Club

Happy Weekend!  I have a new layout to share for Hip Kit Club using the 2020 September Hip Kits :)  My assignment for this week was to use a cut file using either patterned paper or colored cardstock.  I cut some beautiful florals using a Heidi Swapp paper from the Paper Kit and used it as a background design element.  

I used thick, smooth white cardstock for the background, and I glued down the cut file first.  I covered most of it with white gesso to soften some of the pattern, and then I used clear gesso below the cut file.  I used the Whale Watch Blue Lindy's Magical Powder to create that dark blue color.  I added a bit more detail with the Pinkfresh Studio Stamp.  I embellished with lots of the gorgeous Crate Paper flowers.

 

These flowers are a mix of the Chipboard Stickers and Sticker Book Stickers.  Since the stickers are transparent, I like to stick them to white cardstock first and then cut them out so their colors stay true.  I created a little cluster here and popped up the stickers using adhesive foam.  I tucked in some yellow thread here for added texture.   My title is combination of the soft gold Thickers and Pinkfresh Studio Alphas.

I fussy cut this large flower from a Pocket Life card, and the chipboard circles are from Pinkfresh Studio.  Also, more Crate Paper sticker flowers. 
I don't usually cut designs using patterned papers, but I love how this turned out.  It's a great way to get lots of colors...use a colorful patterned paper like this.  It made this background really fun!  I dug into my older Lindy's Sprays stash from older kits and sprayed a bit of pink here.
More of the same embellishments on this side of the photo.
Above the photo, I mixed the Clam Bake Beige & Ramblin' Rose Pink Lindy's Magical Powders together to create this orange/yellow color.  Behind my photo I layered a few Pocket Life Cards.
Here you can see the stamp detail on the background.  I used a gold ink pad from my stash.  I also wish I had several packages of these gold Thickers...they are perfection!
I just had to layer this one on top of my photo :)
I machine stitched through ALWAYS here for some added detail, and I used a metallic gold pen to write my journaling.
Here are a few more detailed close-ups.



I had a lot of fun playing with all of these pretty flowers!  Have you used any of them from your kits yet?  Crate Paper flowers are always gorgeous and these are no exception :)  Be sure to check out my process video for all the details of this page :)


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment