Monday, October 5, 2020

Beautiful Days / Pinkfresh Studio October Challenge

Happy Monday, friends!  The Pinkfresh Studio October Challenge is up over on the blog, and it's all about Fall :)  The colors coordinate perfectly with the new Days of Splendor collection.

Here's what I created.  I decided to make a grid design, which is always fun.  I like treating each quadrant as a mini-layout.  I used textured white cardstock for the background, and I coated it with clear gesso first.  I divided the page up into four quadrants and then decided which one my photo would go in.  Then I began sorting through all the papers and embellishments.  I used several papers from the 6x6 Paper Pad.

I used the Floral Circles Die Set to cut some pretty leaf stems for embellishments.  I layered some papers, floral die cuts, a tag and a chipboard sticker here.  I distressed the edges of the papers and machine stitched through it using gold metallic thread.  I topped each section off with some of the Essentials Jewels and Crystals and some matching threads.
I used the Classic Words Die Set to create my title, and I combined it with the small puffy alpha stickers from the collection.  Since that paper was already lined, I wrote my journaling there using a gold pen.  Here you can also see that I machine stitched on the background to emphasize the sections.
I used the Liquid Watercolors on the background.  This was so much fun because the watercolors are super bold and bright.  I mixed in some brown and black to really tone down the colors, and they turned out perfectly!  You can see how I did that in my process video.
I honestly am not a huge fan of fall colors...until I start working with them!  I'm more of a summer color fan, but as I was making this, I just loved how all of these colors looked together.  I was especially excited about the Jewels & Crystals.  These light brown ones are so pretty!  Here you can see the difference in the Crystals (brown) and the Jewels (blue).  The Crystals have a point on the top and they are a flat clear color.  The Jewels are flat-topped and have more of an iridescent shine to them.  Both are gorgeous!

I did pop up the photo and all other sections with some adhesive foam to create some depth.
I just love all of this texture and dimension!  Leave and flowers make that easy since you can just bend up the edges :)
I took a ton of close-ups, so here they are :)

I had to use this adorable squirrel...he looks like he's about to jump into the photo...haha :D


I hope this inspires you to play along with us this month!  Go HERE to join in.  You just might win a $50 gift card to the Pinkfresh Store!

Here's my process video:


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment