Thursday, October 15, 2020

My Sweet Girl / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends!  I'm back today with another new layout for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2020 September Hip Kits, which are full of the Pinkfresh Studio Days of Splendor and Crate Paper Marigold collections.  I started with a sheet of the charcoal grey cardstock and some gesso.  What started out as a blue layout turned into a purple one, which I love!  I used clear gesso first and then white gesso.  I love how it turned out looking like concrete.
After the gesso dried, I used the Pinkfresh Studio Abstract Cube Stamp with some embossing ink and powder.  I wanted to add some detailed texture to the background.  I went over it with the Whale Watch Blue & Ramblin' Rose Pink Lindy's Magical Powders which made purple.  I knew this would happen, but I honestly was going to try and keep the two colors separate.  Didn't happen...haha.  I love how this deep purple looks against the grey!  I also splattered in some white acrylic paint and some gold spray from an older kit.
I sorted through all the embellishments in the kits and pulled out all the purple items.  I started layering and placing things around the photo.  I cut this scalloped circle from a Pocket Life card and layered in lots of the Pinkfresh Studio pieces.
Here you can see the texture from the stamp...I love it!  I wanted to leave a chunk of the background open here, so I created a separate cluster for the bottom area using more purple die cuts.  I went simple with the title using the gold Thickers.

I tucked in more die cuts & stickers over on the left along with some purple threads.

I always like to add cord to the ends of tags...it just gives them a finished look, I think.
More layers here at the top.  I layered in a chunk of patterned paper and a Pocket Life card behind the photo.
Here are the rest of the close-up shots :)


I really love how this turned out!  I didn't realize there was so much purple in the kits, so it was fun to go monochromatic with this.  How often do you use colored cardstock for a background?  I don't do it enough...I am loving this grey!

Be sure to check out my process video here for all the details:

 


 Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this layout so much!!! I agree...that paper with the white gesso makes it look like concrete and I LOVE how subtle the purple is! Your sweet girl <3

    ReplyDelete