Friday, October 30, 2020

Heart Eyes / Shimmerz Paints

Happy Friday, friends!  I'm here with a new mixed media layout featuring lots of beautiful Shimmerz Paints.  I began this page with a Heidi Swapp rainbow striped patterned paper.  I cut the strips, distressed the edges and glued them together.  I also created my own embellishments by using the Ready to Bloom Card Cover Die from The Stamp Market.  I used several Shimmerz to match the rainbow paper.

Shimmerz Used:

 

To create the flowers, I first coated a sheet of textured white cardstock with clear gesso.  I painted the whole sheet with the colors I listed above.  For these here, I mixed Deep Blue Sea and Run! Forest.  Once it dried, I cut portions of the paper and used the metal die with my manual die cutting machine.  I love the lights and darks!

I layered my photos on top of the strips and layered in the flowers in matching places creating a tone-on-tone effect.  I tucked in some tangled thread in a few places as well.  I went light on other embellishments because I felt like not too many more were needed.  I added a few Heidi Swapp work stickers as well as a few Shimmerz Dotz.

I used some white foam Amy Tangerine Thickers for the title.  I wanted them to be pink to match the pink section, so I painted them with the Pink-o de Mayo with a touch of So Sappy.  I love how textured they look!  I wrote my journaling in and around the title.

I love these colors so much!  Everything I used on this page has a different shimmer.  Do be aware that when water is added to the Spritz or Vibez, you will lose a bit of the shimmer once it dries because it's being diluted.  The original Shimmerz stay very shimmery when dry.  It just depends on how much water you add.
I did wind up adding a few Maggie Holmes clear stickers in a few places.  I love those because they look like little stamps.  I also added more thread here.

Here you can see the shimmer in the light.
Same concept here...just lighter colors.  These are the pinks, yellows and oranges mixed together.


I hope this inspires you in some way today!  Making my own embellishments was a lot of fun...doing this allows you to customize it to whatever color you want.  You can create a "messy" background and then punch shapes out of it if you don't own any metal dies.  So many ideas out there!

Be sure to check out my process video here:

 


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll see you again tomorrow!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment