Friday, October 2, 2020

Lovely / Hip Kit Club

Happy Friday, everyone!  I'm sharing my newest layout for Hip Kit Club today.  Again, I used the 2020 September Hip Kits, which are full of beautiful Fall goodness.  I used an exclusive HKC cut file to start this design, and I backed it with patterned papers & parts of Pocket Life cards.  I used thick white smooth cardstock for the background, and I first used the Magical Powders without using gesso first.  I show in my video how this didn't work as well as I'd hoped.  I did wind up adding white gesso and using the powders again.

 

The Lindy's Gang Magical Powder I used is Whale Watch Blue.  I added a few layers of the color and then mixed in a few sprays of Deep Blue Sea Shimmerz, which we got in a previous Color Kit a long time ago.  Once I got the background done, I arranged the cut file over it.  I used some of the Pinkfresh Studio Days of Splendor floral and leaf die cuts to layer around it as well as some of the soft puffy gold Thickers. 
I love these muted colors...still bright and colorful, but more on the softer side.  I used a bit of wood grain from a Crate Paper paper to back the banner piece.  I'm not a huge brown fan, but there's something about wood grain that just works.  I smudged a bit of white gesso over some areas of it to make it look a little weathered.  I did pop up the cut file with some adhesive foam...I love that shadowing effect.
I used some of the Crate Paper clear stickers, which I backed with white cardstock to keep their true colors.  I also used a few of the Jen Hadfield stickers (the gold leaf stems).
I layered some white tissue paper and parts of Pocket Life cards behind my photos as well as some adhesive foam.  I just love these sweet photos of my sweet Reesie!
I tucked in some matching threads in a few places.  I love this deep purple color, and I was so happy to see that I had that thread color in my stash!  And that golden color, too!
I used my gold metallic pen to write the journaling :)
Here are a few more close-ups of all the details :)


I really had fun making this layout!  I hope it gives you some ideas to try.  You can see exactly how I made this by watching my process video:

 


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment