Monday, August 24, 2020

These Days Are My Favorite / Pinkfresh Studio

Happy Monday, lovely friends :)  I have a new layout to share for Pinkfresh Studio today.  I used the Celebrate collection and lots of watercolor goodness!  I started this page by fussy cutting this wreath from a patterned paper.  It took a while since it's so detailed, but the end result was worth it.  I decided to arrange it differently instead of the circle design.  I cut it in half and ran the two pieces off the page.  This gave me a few spots to tuck in my photo.

I used thick smooth white cardstock for the background.  I coated it with clear gesso first and then used the Liquid Watercolors.  I mixed the Bubblegum, Candy Apple, Lavender and even Espresso (YES, BROWN!) to get that beautiful pink color.  The brown was what made the color so perfect.  I love how it turned out!


This wreath did all the work for this page...just look ho pretty it is.  I popped it up with adhesive foam to give it some height.  I wanted to add in a few more pops of black since my photo is black and white.  I used a few stamps from the Embroidered Blossoms Stamp Set.  I stamped a small flower right onto the background and then stamped these cute leaf sprigs on some white cardstock.  I used the matching Die Set to cut them out.


I tucked in a bit of green thread in a few places for some more texture.  I also used some of the Essentials Jewels Mix and Essential Crystals Mix.  The difference is the Jewels are flat on top and have more of an iridescent shine, whereas the Crystals have a pointed tip and are clear.  Both are flat on the bottom, so they're easy to add to any project.  They are so pretty!!  I used the light brown ones on the background and some of the pink color on top of the flowers.


 
I wish I could paint flowers like this!  So gorgeous.


I added a bit of subtle stamping to the background as well.  I used the Diamond Tiles stamp with the Coral Reef ink to do this.  I used the white puffy alphas from the My Favorite Story collection to create the separated title.  I like how it tucked nicely into the leaves.


I also used a few of the chipboard circle stickers from My Favorite Story.


I used another big flower here behind the photo as well as a black & white flower die cut from Celebrate.




See how pretty these jewels & crystals are?  <3 p="">

I hope this inspires you in some way today.  I really loved how it came together, and it was so fun mixing the watercolors to get this perfectly matching color!  Today's lesson is don't be afraid to add brown to your pinks...it makes a gorgeous shade! 

Be sure to check out my process video for all the details:



Thanks for stopping in today!  See you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment