Thursday, August 27, 2020

Hello Gimme a Kiss / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends!  I'm back with a new layout for Hip Kit Club featuring the new 2020 August Hip Kits.  They are so fun and full of exclusive goodies!  I made this using one of the exclusive cut files as well, and I manipulated it to fit what I wanted.  It's part of a "Hello Summer" cut file, but I just took the Hello, duplicated it in a few sizes and welded it together so it was one big piece.  I cut it on white cardstock and then again on patterned paper.  I used the patterned paper as a shadow layer under the cardstock.

I used a sheet of the gorgeous blue Serenity cardstock as the background, and I did a lot of mixed media blending to create all that blue behind the cut file.  I combined the blue Hydrangea Petals ink pad from the Color Kit and mixed in a lot of the Midnight Blue Nuvo Crystal Drops.  I also used a few ink pads and sprays from previous kits.


I tucked in my three photos around the cut file and embellished around them.  I used a lot of the exclusive die cuts here.  I also fussy cut a few from an exclusive patterned paper.  I layered some white tissue paper behind the photo as well as some adhesive foam for added dimension.


I added some gesso to the white cut file here and then used some ink pads from previous kits to add a bit of color to the bottom.  I used a wet brush to blend the color.  I didn't want it to be stark white, so this helps to give a bit of interest.  I offset it on the second cut file and glued them together.  I also popped that whole thing off the page and embellished around it.  I used a puffy sticker here as well as a few Simple Stories phrase stickers.


I spent a lot of time on the background.  I used white gesso first.  I used the blue ink pad with a bit of water to start off.  It dried a bit lighter, so I kept adding layers.  I brought in some blue Lindy's sprays from an older kit, and I liked it better.  I finally tried the Nuvo Crystal Drops and it was just what it needed!  I squirted some onto the page and used a palette knife to scrape it on, and it worked perfectly.  This blue color is gorgeous.


I created a smaller title down at the bottom using some of the exclusive mini alphas.  You can see in the photos that this is exactly what's happening...haha :D  I traced around them using a white pen to make them a bit more visible, and I popped up a few more Simple Stories stickers below that.




I love how this shadowing looks!  Thank you, adhesive foam :)


Here are a lot more close-ups :)


The last thing I did was splatter some white acrylic paint.  I love how that always looks on darker cardstock.






I really love the August Kits...and I hope this inspires you in some way.  I had a lot of fun making this one!

Be sure to check out my process video here:



Thanks for stopping in, and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment