Thursday, August 13, 2020

Happy in the Bahamas / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends!  I'm back with another layout for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2020 July Hip Kits.  I created a light summery page using one of the exclusive cut files...I just adore this lined palm tree sunset scene!  I cut it on one of the Dear Lizzy papers and then painted the background to loosely match the colors.  I wanted a soft ombre effect in the background, and I love how it turned out!

I used thick smooth white cardstock as my base, and I coated it with clear gesso first.  I used a variety of mixed media products from a few different past Color Kits.  I used some of the Blush Art Philosophy Watercolors, the Stamp Market Ink Pads, some blue Lindy's Starburst Sprays from older kits.  Down at the bottom I used the scalloped stencil from the June Color Kit to create some "waves."  I used the Nuvo Mousse from the July Color Kit over that.


This striped paper instantly reminded me of a pretty sunset.  I did wind up cutting it and removing some of the colors and then gluing it back together since the colors were in a different order.  I popped up the entire cut file using adhesive foam so it would look more dimensional.  I used this cute palm tree die cut as well as some of the other exclusive die cuts.


I used a mix of products here around the photo...Maggie Holmes clear flower stickers & puffy stickers, Dear Lizzy vellum stickers, Simple Stories chipboard flowers.  So many pretty things all blended together :)


I finally found a home for this cute little toucan bird that I cut a few weeks ago from a Pocket Life card.  I put him here so he can sit on the title :)  I mixed a large Simple Stories puffy word sticker with some of the clear black Maggie Holmes alphas to make the title.  I tucked in some pink thread and added more stickers and die cuts in a few places.


I created another cluster here to the left side using more stickers, die cuts & chipboard.  To create the "waves" here at the bottom, I mixed in some modeling paste with the Nuvo Mousse to lighten the color up a bit.  I added gold splatters at the end (spray from November Kits).


I was so happy to finally use this cute birdie.  I trimmed the white border around her and placed her here so she's looking at the palm trees.  I popped her up and added some lighter pink thread under her.


I fussy cut this sun from a Dear Lizzy patterned paper.  I used the two cloud die cuts, but I added some gesso to them and smudged some yellow & orange ink onto this one.  Those little gold starbursts are from the Pink Paislee embellishment pack...I thought they looked like shiny suns!


I added a few of the tiny Maggie Holmes puffy butterfly stickers in a few places.


Here are a few more close-ups :)




I love the black Maggie Holmes clear stickers...they look like stamps!




I absolutely love how this turned out!  I hope it inspires you...this cut file is amazing, and I already have ideas to use it in a different way.  Be sure to check out my process video here for all the details on how I put this together:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll see you again soon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment