Friday, August 21, 2020

Grateful / Paige Evans DT

Happy Friday, friends!  I'm back today with a new layout for the Paige Evans Design Team using Paige’s Bloom Street and Truly Grateful collections. I love mixing & matching different products and I combined papers and embellishments from both lines to create a bright summer layout. I wanted to focus on a paper I haven’t used yet, so I started with the scallops from Bloom Street Paper 01. I designed my layout around those. I also used Paige’s Wonky Hearts Stencil to create some background texture with modeling paste. I used a mix of Distress Oxides and Shimmerz to create a fun watercolor effect over the paste.


I love the fun texture this Wonky Hearts Stencil creates! I decided to go with orange tones first to accent the pink scallops. I also wanted to use the Grateful piece as my title from the Truly Grateful Epoxy Stickers as my title. I wanted more of that color. Later, I decided to add in blue to mimic the water in the photo. I machine stitched through the scallops with blue thread and then popped them up with adhesive foam. I created a cascade of words and phrases here with the title, a Truly Grateful Journaling Spot piece, and a few Bloom Street Cardstock Stickers.


To make the “grateful” title stand out a bit more, I layered white cardstock behind it and then fussy cut around it. I also tucked in some blue thread for an extra pop of color and texture.  I popped up all of these die cuts & stickers with adhesive foam to create some dimension.  Plus it makes it easier to glue down on top of all that paste texture :)


I don't know what made me want to use orange with these scallops.  When I tested the "grateful" sticker over it, I just loved the color combo, so I went with it.  Looking at the finished layout, I think it was the perfect choice :)


What started out as a "let's do an all pink shades layout" quickly turned into something else...haha.  It's rare that I stick to a monochromatic idea.  I can't help it...I just love mixing and matching colors, especially when it will enhance the colors in my photo.


I fussy cut a few pink flowers from Bloom Street Paper 12 to tuck in around the photo. These cute butterflies matched my color scheme perfectly, so I popped the wings up to give them dimension. They are both from the Bloom Street Cardstock Stickers. I decided to add gold splatters along the way as well.


I used a gold metallic pen to write my journaling.  Since I used this gold sticker, I wanted to spread a little more gold around the page.


I love layering like this.  This is where the adhesive foam comes into play.  You can see here how it creates some height and really shows off the effect of the layered flowers.


I layered a few pieces of patterned paper behind the photos as well as white tissue paper. I wanted a sun above the photo so I used another Bloom Street Cardstock Sticker. I also used a sun stamp from the Bloom Street Acrylic Stamps to create a bit more background interest behind the sun. I used Distress Oxides and then used a water brush to help blend the color a bit. I also trimmed the outer edge of a gold Bloom Street sticker to layer around the edges of the photo.


Here are a few more angles of all the fun details :)




This was a lot of fun to make :)  Mixing and matching collections is a lot of fun, and you can come up with such different ways to use them together.  I hope it inspires you in some way :)

Here's my process video if you'd like to watch it come together:



Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment