Saturday, August 8, 2020

Oh Girl / Hip Kit Club

Happy Weekend, friends!  I have another new layout to share for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2020 July Hip Kits again, and I wanted to make a non-summer page this week.  I used a lot of the Kate & Ash collection from Simple Stories.  I was first inspired by the three washi tape rolls, and I used all three patterns to create the hearts.  I added layers of each tape onto some scrap white cardstock and then used a large heart punch to create three large hearts.  I then cut around the edges of the left over tape on the cardstock to make heart outlines, which I layered in there as well.

I used a Dear Lizzy patterned paper as my background, and it suffered a lot of mixed media madness along the way...haha.  I first coated it with white gesso.  I used the wonky dots stencil from the Color Kit along with the mint Nuvo Mousse.  I scraped the mousse over it, and right away realized it was just a tad darker than I wanted it.  I wound up just wiping it all off...(UGH) which just added a light minty color to the background.  I mixed in some white gesso and a bit of blue spray (from Lindy's...older kit) and scraping to back over the stencil.  That time it was perfect!

I used lots of the Simple Stories chipboard pieces to embellish as well as some of the exclusive die cuts & Maggie Holmes stickers.  I also used a bit of the glitter cardstock from the Cardstock Kit as a layer behind the photo.
The title is one of the exclusive cut files for July, and I love it!  I cut it twice on white cardstock.  I coated one with gesso and then used a mix of yellow and orange ink pads from The Stamp Market (from older kits) to paint it yellow.  I used the second cut to off set behind it and create a little shadow effect.  I popped it up with adhesive foam and layered those adorable chipboard shoes over it.  I also tucked in some black thread for more texture.

Here you can see the washi tape hearts...they were really easy to make.  I used some of the Maggie Holmes clear stickers here and tucked in more black thread.  I wound up adding some stamping to the background as well.  I used a few of the exclusive stamps with black ink to give this page a bit of a grungy feel.

I almost didn't like how the stamping turned out, but in the end I think it works okay.  You can see some pink here, too, on the background.  I wound up adding some pink watercolor around the edges of the photo using the Blush Art Philosophy that we got in an older kit.


I used part of a Maggie Holmes dimensional sticker here...I took off the gold glitter heart and just used that part.
Here are a few more close-ups :)


It was so fun making this...I wanted to try to make a page that wasn't a pool layout, haha!  I hope it gives you some ideas to try for your next page.  The cut files this month are amazing, and I am loving all the projects created using them.

Here is my process video for this...I hope you enjoy it :)

 

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment